What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I learned today

Well, technically yesterday, I learned that there is still an awesome dancer inside me when I rocked at a dance studio in their choreo last night, WHOO! 'Still got it :fly2:

Meh

I learned my daughter who lives in Ireland found a job. She became a dual citizen Ireland/USA a few months ago. That definitely helped her in her job hunt. Unfortunately her job is an hour bus ride from home. This job will pay her bills why she continues to search for a job in her field of studies.

She also wants us to sell her car, so that means she has no plans on returning to the USA anytime soon. It will be easy to sell, low mileage, great condition and perfect for a student or a commute car.

Gosh, if only I could find a decent car like this in Michigan. I don't ask for much...just to be safe, clean, and durable :squint:

I recently moved out into the country, and for the first time ever, I'm using well water. There are days when it doesn't run super clear, or even has a rotten-egg smell to it, but it's safe. It was tested six times before closing. Nobody's going to let people drink unsafe water.

Ohyea my sister has a rotten egg smell water. LOL. Thats how I learned, and didnt try to drink that but drink that if it were boiled water. hahah

Ohyea my sister has a rotten egg smell water. LOL. Thats how I learned, and didnt try to drink that but drink that if it were boiled water. hahah

It's still safe despite the smell. One trick is to run all the water throughout the house for a bit until it entirely empties out the water heater. It really only takes a few minutes if you've got showers, sinks, etc. going all at once. It clears up the water and smell, and it's back to normal again. It's been a learning process for us. :)

It's still safe despite the smell. One trick is to run all the water throughout the house for a bit until it entirely empties out the water heater. It really only takes a few minutes if you've got showers, sinks, etc. going all at once. It clears up the water and smell, and it's back to normal again. It's been a learning process for us. :)

yeah I notice if we use it every morning, and then in the afternoon it gets less odor.

I drink tap water all the time.

I do too when it does not taste like swamp water! A lot of restaurants in my city use have very expensive water filters and it they don't them put a wedge of lemon on your glass of water and squeeze some lemon into your glass of water so you can't taste how horrible it's. Some restaurants only give you water if you want it b/c they know people won't drink it . Bottled water is a big seller in the stores here. I once caught my dog drinking my water b/c he know it taste better too.

Leaned about "sulfur water" the 1st time I moved to Florida and lived in the country....that water stank to high hell....and I gained 20 lbs. (so much iron)...and our washing machine tub was yellow....we finally bought a water softener...the later on moved into the City.

We had a water softener installed too. We have to use "iron out" salt to keep the water clear. We had one at the previous house but we were lazy about keeping it filled with salt, but we're really on top of it here now with well water. Don't mind it. Just got to get used to a new way of things.

This is why I am glad I live in the backwoods with nice crisp refreshing well water.

I filled my tub, went to get some water, and there was none! :lol:

That happen to me too and luckily I did not need to use the water . My tap water sometime like I opened a bottle of bleach mixed with swamp water . When it smell that bad I give my dog bottled water.

I would love to enjoy the pizza . :drool:

If you can find a good place to do that at. There are quite a few around here. In fact, Gino's East is one of them. They're not far from Ogilvie, and are on LaSalle, just south of that Rock and Roll McDonald's I posted a few days ago.

We have some OK places to buy pizza in my city but we are getting more restaurants that made food look like art work and you get a meal the size of an eyeball but have you to pay an arm and leg for it.

At Beltone as we speak. I learned that my HA's do have t-coil and are being activated. Also ear molds impressions were made today.

Last edited:
I learned this morning that the audiologist recommended Widex Super for me. Anybody has those??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back