What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I learn today? Well, let's put it this way-- it's never a good idea to get one's pants caught on a bicycle part right smack in the middle of an intersection, and especially when the result of said incident results in a hole.

I learned that I need a stronger drink holder for my bicycle. The one I had this morning snapped, and made it unsafe to keep going without removing it, which I did, and disposed of it.

I learned that I've moved to what feels like the middle of nowhere.......I was born and raised near LA and now I'm out in the desert and it takes five minutes of fast driving to get to town and I know that's not THAT bad, especially considering the size of the town itself, but it still feels far away. I'm so used to the LA suburbs....

On the plus side the stars are magnificent out here!

That my dogs and cats are fascinated with chipmunks. They stare at them thru the glass doors for hours.

That my dogs and cats are fascinated with chipmunks. They stare at them thru the glass doors for hours.

I used to have a cat who would chirp at the shadows of the birds under the door. Sometimes she would jump at them and slam face-first into the door. She wasn't that smart.....Another cat frequently ran into the glass door, but the chirping cat would run into the solid wood one.

I used to have a cat who would chirp at the shadows of the birds under the door. Sometimes she would jump at them and slam face-first into the door. She wasn't that smart.....Another cat frequently ran into the glass door, but the chirping cat would run into the solid wood one.

:lol: apparently the appeal of trying to catch one outweighed any thought process in making that happen. :) We live in a very forested area so there's all kinds of wildlife all day long, forget buying dog and cat toys. They keep themselves perfectly occupied.

:lol: apparently the appeal of trying to catch one outweighed any thought process in making that happen. :) We live in a very forested area so there's all kinds of wildlife all day long, forget buying dog and cat toys. They keep themselves perfectly occupied.

That cat, to be honest, didn't have many thought processes to begin with :lol:. It sounds like a beautiful place to live.

That cat, to be honest, didn't have many thought processes to begin with :lol:. It sounds like a beautiful place to live.

It is, but we're actually building a house about 20 minutes northeast of here. We bought 5 acres and are building on that. We close in 3 weeks! I look forward to new variations of wildlife, especially deer. I will miss the chipmunks who have made our backyard their home these last couple years. My husband laughed when I said I wanted to bring them with for the move. :lol:

It is, but we're actually building a house about 20 minutes northeast of here. We bought 5 acres and are building on that. We close in 3 weeks! I look forward to new variations of wildlife, especially deer. I will miss the chipmunks who have made our backyard their home these last couple years. My husband laughed when I said I wanted to bring them with for the move. :lol:

Aww, cute! I'm hoping the best for your new house, though!! Sounds like an amazing endeavor. I just moved about 150 miles from where I lived before, and the change is incredible. I'm in the desert now.......

We bought our house in a very urban part of town, (although you do still see the occasional deer) , but when we moved to Iowa, we lived adjacent to a heavily wooded area.
One day I was in the driveway, and I had some kind of premonition or intuition, and I turned around and some deer were galloping right up the driveway at me!

I really jumped and rolled into the grass, and they missed me, but every time I see a deer, I think how much I want a high rise condo for retirement. :P

Lol I think that would have given me a fright too! I see lots of raccoons and possums and foxes. I'm actually less scared of them than bees or spiders.

Aww, cute! I'm hoping the best for your new house, though!! Sounds like an amazing endeavor. I just moved about 150 miles from where I lived before, and the change is incredible. I'm in the desert now.......

Thank you! It will be an interesting change.

My dog love to poke his nose into the chipmunks hole and hunt them. He would love for me to let him run lose in the yard.

image.jpg

Botti, this was just a few weeks ago. My neighbors front lawn. They looked fake to me, but they were huge and pretty intimidating.

Those are so amazing they don't even look real.

I'm NOT SAYING you're lying but they're just TOO PRETTY!! Ugh, it's been so long since I've seen deer in person.....

We had some deer come into our yard a few times and I very surprises b/c there really is nothing here to eat. I think it was looking for the field that was being used by a farmer, he had all kind of veggies growing , it was like an all you can eat buffet for the wildlife . This is all gone now , there a huge ugly building there now. :(

Yes! Those things are huge, especially when they are running right at you.

I think more deer are coming down the hill due to all the fires. Lot's of neighbors were out taking pictures of these deer and they just stood there.

We had some deer come into our yard a few times and I very surprises b/c there really is nothing here to eat. I think it was looking for the field that was being used by a farmer, he had all kind of veggies growing , it was like an all you can eat buffet for the wildlife . This is all gone now , there a huge ugly building there now. :(

Awwww Boo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back