What did you learn today? Part II

Learned, after I got the wifey a kindle e-reader as a V-day gift, that the OS on my 2nd generation kindle is so out dated, (particularly, web browsing & PDF viewing.) that I'm considering upgrading to a new Kindle Keyboard!

I learned Indianapolis Colts current owner was addicted to painkillers and booze. Great story! His deceased father was an alcoholic.

That dogs can eat cranberries! I when to a pet shop and brought Marty a treat that had cranberries in it.

Learned it may snow up to 8" inches today. I would imagine that grocery stores are low on milk right now! So much for a snow free winter this year. :P

Learned to stay out of teenagers "scuffles" and let them work it out on their own. :giggle:....it gets mind-boggling as to what they fight about! Seems they've been watching too many wrestling shows....

I am busy research ASL :) I will investiage it ASL information I search find more information research quality!!

I learned that I may use the Steve Jobs book which I am currently reading for a short business paper. Yippeee!

I learned that master manipulators are alive and well not to mention very adept at using peer pressure to control those lacking self esteem. So much so that they can make them turn their back on people who have called them friend. So sad really.

Learned to stay out of teenagers "scuffles" and let them work it out on their own. :giggle:....it gets mind-boggling as to what they fight about! Seems they've been watching too many wrestling shows....

:lol: reminds me of my post above.

I figure out think so numberous whatever!

Last edited:
I learned that my medical records from a neurologist in Missouri were lost. The doctor had to close the office due to injuries he sustained and all the records were lost.

I learned that my mother doesn't understand the difference between Vegetarian and Vegan.

Vegetarian's will eat dairy and fish and eggs.
Vegan's don't.

It kind of was emergency circumstances, but kind of funny.
We have this weekly ASL class or club at our church in the classroom wing.
I know more sign than anybody else there except, of course, the deaf lady. And I try to always sign what I say, or what the students are saying, so she's not left out. Habit.

So, she was doing a sign language Bingo game with the others, and I left to go use the bathroom, and came back asking my kids if they knew where a toilet plunger was. Only I signed and fingerspelled, out of my habit of always signing what's being said in that class for J, the deaf friend.

And she missed something, and thought I was explaining why I'd taken so long to get back to class, so she starts showing me the signs for everything I fingerspelled.

Plunger, by the way, was a very graphic sign. Coolness.

One of my kids brought me a plunger, and I left to go use it, leaving J. to continue the class.

I interrupted again later to ask if anybody knew where a mop was. I didn't learn the sign for mop.

Back