What are you thinking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what frightens me about driving on country roads at night. Hitting deer. I have heard of horror stories of what happened to people when they struck deer at a bad angle.

I live in a suburban area that is next to the large park. There are lots of deers are all over few towns where the park nears. One night, I was driving home on the regular street. All of a sudden, deer showed up in front of my right side on my car and hit on my corner of my car and deer was sliding and rolling off on the street. It was like less than 5 seconds. I swear that I didn't see the deer until I first notice deer when deer hit my car. I manged to get home while my engine was leaking and choking. I refused to stay there in the dark and forced my dying car to drive home. Great, It costs me for fixing the engine about 5 thousands dollars. After that incident with deer, I dont feel the same person anymore, and sometimes I dont want to drive in the dark because of that deers! I still see deers around here. Oh well.

I always loved the QX4, so that's why i chose it after my head-on that wrote off my mitsubishi outlander. I've been happy with it ever since I got it almost 5 years ago! In high school, I totally thought the G20 was a wicked car, i loved it's silhouette.

If you've never hit an animal before, I'm sorry but you have no clue what you are talking about. When I hit the deer, I had no idea what happened. I thought someone threw a cinder block off the overpass. I didn't see anything happen, all I heard was the xenon lights exploding and the collision. I had to drive backwards on the shoulder a lot to find out that it was a big deer. I then proceeded to be stuck in a neck brace strapped to a backboard lying flat on my back for 8 hrs. not cool.

god, not cool!

Frisky, you paid for your engine repairs out of pocket? You didn't call insurance?

Frisky, you paid for your engine repairs out of pocket? You didn't call insurance?

Yes i did. but ironically, the insurance did pay some of them and other some of them that did not apply to the deer incident according to the car repair says so. :roll: It was FINE before Deer got in the way! It is the total of 9k.

fail, hitting animals is a zero liability accident that is 100% covered by insurance, it falls under the act of god catagory. weird. maybe it's different in the states...

fail, hitting animals is a zero liability accident that is 100% covered by insurance, it falls under the act of god catagory. weird. maybe it's different in the states...

I agree. We did agrue with them. ahh It was last year. argh.

Hmm that is weird that you had to pay...In MD when our neighbour hit a deer they paid for the repairs for his car I believe.

Today is Three Kings Day. It is the last day of the Twelve days of Christmas.

I'm thinking about the work placement I started today (voluntary) and if they will eventually offer me a job.

Hmm that is weird that you had to pay...In MD when our neighbour hit a deer they paid for the repairs for his car I believe.

some of the engine that they did pay it to cover it but the car shop reported to my insurance that some of the engine that wasn't related with deer incident. :roll: that was past.

Thinking about how it is amazingly cold it is here!!! Florida!!! It got down in the twenties last night. Got up this AM and found the bird bath water is FROZEN Solid.. Drove to work looked like winter wonderland. Drove 20 miles to work and there was ice still on the car!! :shock:

and to think.. another cold front is coming!!! It will get even colder over the weekend!!!

This is not our usual cold snap!!!

Hoping it will end soon!!!!

Thinking about how it is amazingly cold it is here!!! Florida!!! It got down in the twenties last night. Got up this AM and found the bird bath water is FROZEN Solid.. Drove to work looked like winter wonderland. Drove 20 miles to work and there was ice still on the car!! :shock:

and to think.. another cold front is coming!!! It will get even colder over the weekend!!!

I'll second that thought. It's freezing!!

Thinking about how I hope not to have to pay $85 for a stupid textbook...

Kids wanted to play with the water hose. To create MORE ice on the ground and water my plants..

Damn water hose already froze up.

So all we can do is bundle up and stay warm...

Thniking about how I do not want to register for a class this Spring semester. :roll:

Those who bought a commodities contract(s) in oranges a while back are going to have a field day! Hope it warms up for you soon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back