What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to real work shortly: BEAT the clock: swimming!
Bad news: seem the clock never gets tired!

Thoughts after ASL class last night... :hmm: Seeing familiar faces from other classes sponsored by the advocacy agency, I think of us becoming a kind of off-shoot "community," creating our own through these classes, because we have a foot in the hearing world/community, but are moving toward the Deaf world/community. But we don't really fit in either one. We lived a lot of our lives in the hearing world, so it is the only one familiar to us. Yet we no longer are "full members" of that world, now later in life. And we are struggling as newbies to learn the language for the Deaf community. So we're in a kind of limbo world. And I'm finding there are a lot of us out there...a kind of "orphans." I am so thankful for the advocacy agency! :thumb: For bringing us together, and giving us a forum to create friendships and a support system with others who know and "get it" because we are all living the adjustments and changes. Co-travelers in a journey. I always feel up after class, not just because of learning something valuable and having an enthusiastic instructor, but because of the rest of the class and how we relate and support each other. :aw:

I am thinking how unfair life can be at times. Nothing massive, just feeling sorry for both hubby and myself.

Thinking about how bad my dog's farts stink. He just lays there in a deep sleep and cuts the cheese without flinching. I swear he has a smile on his face when he does it. Been doing it for the last two hours.

:giggle:....We had a cocker spaniel once named "Max"...he farted to high hell, all the time. I took him to the Vet about it and he prescribed some special canned dog food. It worked. So it's probably the food your dog is eating?

Thinking about how bad my dog's farts stink. He just lays there in a deep sleep and cuts the cheese without flinching. I swear he has a smile on his face when he does it. Been doing it for the last two hours.

My parents had a dog nicknamed Was (long story) that was known for his stinky farts. Whenever my husband or I would let one out, we'd say it was a Wasser.

I've been looking at trans-atlantic travel from before Columbus. The most credible evidence I found is that West Africans contacted the Olmec culture.

Thinking I may just give up and go to bed early.

I am not feeling welll pretty stress!!! rough!

What about Vikings in Newfoundland?

I think that is as credible as African's coming to Central America. There is too much suppressed knowledge about African societies. The Olmec theory would be a great debate for high school students.

:wave: I haven't been here for a few days.

Thinking about finding freebie movies at the library, for the weekend. And looking forward to getting together with some ASL classmates on Sunday to practice our ASL and play Scrabble using ASL & fingerspelling. :P

Am thinking about doing a deep cleaning of this house next week. Only things I have to worry about is my legs will give out (think positive!), MIL has a doctor appointment on Monday afternoon and I have one on Wednesday morning.

Thinking about my daughter & her boyfriend's family. They learned earlier this week that his mom is terminal and will probably die soon. She has MS and has been in the hospital for a few months with one thing after another going wrong and the her kidneys failed and her oxygen levels dropped.
They (including my daughter) went to the funeral home today to make arrangements.

I learn it on happened control on health on better balance proper on reduce weight!

I can't believe that I was banned for good from a dog forum I was using because I disagreed with another member!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back