What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it or not, not illegal. Plenty of classic drinks out there north of 110 proof.

I think the only state that allows up to a certain proofage is California. I think the limit is 151 proof there.

I am a fan of George T. Stagg. usually ~`140 proof.
But isn't 100 proof pretty much pure alcohol?

I knew there were drinks above 100 proof range but I was thinking in some states they would cap it off somewhere.

As for 151 proof - holy snapping duck shit that is a beasty drink! I can't imagine.

But isn't 100 proof pretty much pure alcohol?

I knew there were drinks above 100 proof range but I was thinking in some states they would cap it off somewhere.

As for 151 proof - holy snapping duck shit that is a beasty drink! I can't imagine.

No, 100 proof is also 50% alcohol by volume. 192 is pretty much the highest a normal distiller can go.

No, 100 proof is also 50% alcohol by volume. 192 is pretty much the highest a normal distiller can go.

:shock: Good God, at 192 that would be suicide. I don't think the human body can actually safely metabolize that. What country or place can you get this 192 proof?

:shock: Good God, at 192 that would be suicide. I don't think the human body can actually safely metabolize that. What country or place can you get this 192 proof?

We did jello shots with Everclear in College. 190 proof. If you drink it straight it literally evaporates in your mouth

Stop talking alcohol guys. Sunny can't join in and this makes her sad. :lol:

I am thinking about giving up on things here and there.

Bacardi makes a 151. And Everclear. :dizzy: *thud* 190 proof. Everclear has more alcohol than rubbing alcohol has.

Really? I am guessing rubbing alcohol is made from wood alcohol (whatever that is) and is poisonous....

Really? I am guessing rubbing alcohol is made from wood alcohol (whatever that is) and is poisonous....

it is a by product of acetone/gasoline process.

But Tx was referring to the strongest isopropyl alcohol being at 90 (i think) percent...

Everclear is at 95.

The old wives tale is that constant nausea means a girl. Worked out with you!

Wow! She was a big baby! My son was 7 1/2 lbs. But I am only 5' tall and weighed 135 when I had him. Gained about 35 lbs. Had my son naturally, too. Didn't see any need for anesthesia because my labor was so quick.

huh! I never had morning sickness and both my kids are sons.

it is a by product of acetone/gasoline process.

But Tx was referring to the strongest isopropyl alcohol being at 90 (i think) percent...

Everclear is at 95.

You are correct......although i think it's like 92.7 vs 95

Exactly.....and the worst case of morning dry mouth EVER!

I can imagine. Probably worse than waking up and feeling like you've got a mouthful of cotton. :shock:

For the short time I was pregnant (only made it to 9 weeks before I miscarried -- never got pregnant again since -- long story!) I did not have a day of morning sickness. Just SORE BOOBIES !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back