what are u read the book right now ???

WaterRats13 said:
OOOooooooooo!!! I take it that you're a Constant Reader of King's books, eh? ;) 'Misery' was one of many that I really liked by Stephen King. I've read practically EVERY book by King...with the exception of 'The Gunslinger: Dark Towers' series and 'Insomnia. (found those books to be extremely un-Stephen King and boring)

OOOOOOOOOO "In Solidarity" !

You know...strange...I didn't particularly like the Gunslinger either (everyone else I know thinks that's total sacrilege!) and Insomnia was slowwwww. Means I didn't like the take.

Steve's my FAVE (my second time on Misery!!). Hey if we got similar tastes I highly recommend Buick 8, Desperation and Hearts In Atlantis. Hearts is the best one (tho the first story is kinda slow it's worth the wait). After reading it I totally believed that John Sullivan was real :tears: ...my bleeding heart :Oops:

coffeeeeman said:
Personally.. I watched the movie.."to hell with the book" I said and went on out and partied..LOL

I studied that book and film in Canada. It was ok. Very dysfunctional characters :)

Apart from required readings for each subject each week, I am currently reading Chicken Soup for the Sister's Soul.

I wanna read The DaVinci Code too!

i am done with digital fortress wow !!!!! I thought someone else but i was wrong .... what so twist chartcher !!!! .. Thanks for tip ...

so here is the informations about movie

http://www.danbrown.com/media/dailyvariety.htm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RIGHTS ALERT FROM
PUBLISHERS WEEKLY

June 27, 2003

"Da Vinci Code" in Major Movie Buy

A "phenomenal" deal for Dan Brown for the movie rights to his big bestseller "The Da Vinci Code," was announced by his agent, Heide Lange at Sanford J. Greenburger Associates.

The deal, negotiated on her behalf by Michael Rudell with top execs at Columbia Pictures, has no attachments for stars, producer or director at present; Matt Tolmach at the studio will be in charge of development of the property.

Doubleday has over a million copies in print of the thriller, which until the arrival this month of the latest Harry Potter had been the publishing sensation of the year. It has made major foreign sales, been 20 weeks on the German bestseller list and is still in the process of a long-drawn-out auction in Italy.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

COLUMBIA PICTURES ACQUIRES RIGHTS TO
#1 BESTSELLING THRILLER
THE DA VINCI CODE

Culver City, CA June 27, 2003

Columbia Pictures has secured the much sought after motion picture rights to Dan Brown's bestselling thriller The Da Vinci Code, it was announced today by Amy Pascal, Chairman of Columbia Pictures, and John Calley, Chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

The Da Vinci Code debuted at #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list and has remained near or at the top of the list for more than 14 weeks.

The Da Vinci Code is Brown's second novel centering on Harvard professor of symbology Robert Langdon, who first appeared in his successful Angels and Demons published in 2000, and now on the paperback bestseller list.

Da Vinci centers on one of the greatest mysteries of humankind, a 2000 year-old conspiracy, clues to which are encoded in the paintings of Leonardo Da Vinci. Brown is currently at work on a third novel featuring Professor Langdon.

Viewing The Da Vinci Code and the adventures of Professor Langdon as the basis for a potential franchise, Columbia also acquired the right to produce Angels and Demons, and future Langdon properties.

"Dan Brown is a master storyteller who has created an amazingly visual page turner," said Calley. "The Da Vinci Code is a thrill ride unlike any that we have read or seen in a long, long time. The Robert Langdon character is a compelling hero and sleuth and we can't wait to bring this puzzle to the screen."

The project will be developed by Matt Tolmach, co-president of production for Columbia Pictures.

The Da Vinci Code is published by Doubleday. Dan Brown and his literary agent Heide Lange of Sanford J. Greenburger Associates were represented in the negotiations by Michael Rudell of Franklin, Weinrib, Rudell, and Vassallo.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DAILY VARIETY

June 27, 2003, Friday
By Jonathan Bing

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]-->

COLUMBIA PICTURES
Solves Code of Da Vinci

Columbia Pictures has acquired "The Da Vinci Code," Dan Brown's thriller about an ancient conspiracy that has topped national bestseller lists since it was published by Doubleday in March.

"Code" is Brown's second novel centering on Robert Langdon, a Harvard professor who studies religious symbols. The first, "Angels and Demons," was published in 2000. Brown was still relatively unknown when "Code" became an overnight publishing phenomenon, catapulting "Angels" onto paperback bestseller lists.

"Code," which has been much sought-after by producers since it hit the bestseller list, centers on the murder of a curator at the Louvre and clues to a 2,000-year-old conspiracy encoded in the paintings of Leonardo Da Vinci.

Brown is currently at work on a third novel featuring Professor Langdon; that book is also part of the deal with Col.

"Dan Brown is a master storyteller who has created an amazingly visual page turner," said Sony Pictures Entertainment chairman John Calley. "The Robert Langdon character is a compelling hero and sleuth, and we can't wait to bring this puzzle to the screen."

Project, which Col hopes to turn into a franchise, will be developed by co-prexy of production Matt Tolmach.

The studio has not yet attached a producer to the property.

Brown was repped by Sanford J. Greenburger Associates and Franklin, Weinrib, Rudell & Vassallo.

LOAD-DATE: June 27, 2003

Back