What are some things that VESID paids for?

Sounds like VESID is like AVRS (Arkansas Vocational Rehabilitation Services). I don't think VRS will pay for anything, but they will assist you in getting a job suited to your needs as well as helping you get assistive devices such as HAs and CapTel Phones, depending on your needs.

right. just like all other VRS. They don't always pay for everything and you don't always get what you want. The quality of VRS service varies among states and counselors.

Their job is not to get you a job but they can help look for you. They do also pay for your education or training in order to get a job - "hopefully" but in some cases - you'll may need to bicker with them to justify tuition expense.

I'm worry She Still wants to know exactly what I want to do so that's the first thing that's she going to ask me on the phone.All I can tell her I want an job if she ask me what type of job I will not know.I think everyone that's looking for jobs in VESID they send them to programs like an employment support or something or probably not everybody.

I'm worry She Still wants to know exactly what I want to do so that's the first thing that's she going to ask me on the phone.All I can tell her I want an job if she ask me what type of job I will not know.I think everyone that's looking for jobs in VESID they send them to programs like an employment support or something or probably not everybody.

well - you are not making her job any easier. you cannot make her do everything for you. that's not what VESID does. You need to be able to help yourself and VESID can assist in doing that as well.

The best she can do for you is to find a janitor job for you. Is that what you want?

And Food services I feel stuck and don't know and I think I'm better than this even the programs that they send people in I bet that's what they offer Like an program that I was going they have job coaches is called YAI.If I,am doing these kinds of jobs is to save up money and then probably head to an community college or some school I would like to do something so that I don't spend to much time at home its been like two years but I don't think that VESID would help me I know they have other type of programs like supported work that's all I know.

And Food services I feel stuck and don't know and I think I'm better than this even the programs that they send people in I bet that's what they offer Like an program that I was going they have job coaches is called YAI.If I,am doing these kinds of jobs is to save up money and then probably head to an community college or some school I would like to do something so that I don't spend to much time at home its been like two years but I don't think that VESID would help me I know they have other type of programs like supported work that's all I know.

if you feel you are better than this.... then do something. be proactive. don't make VESID do homework for you.

Since you have a lot of time at home.... then do your own homework to find more information about programs and schools. Research. Contact people. Then present your case to your case manager. Argue your case. Then you'll most likely get what you want.

But it won't be easy and it will take time.

Believe Jiro when he says you have to fight with them to justify the tuition expense. Many states are cash strapped right now, so I'm thinking not many VRS's will be paying for much of anything.

If you have a lot of time, then make good use of that time by researching jobs or job fields you are interested in and go from there. If you need certification and training, then perhaps VRS might be able to help you land an apprenticeship under a Master Whatever (Electrician, Plumber, Mechanic, etc.). There are a lot of options out there, you just have to be willing to look for it and use it to your advantage.

Start with community college so you ll think more what you like to do with your life.

I don't think is possible to find any programs I think this has to do with VESID
Today is Friday and I don't think that I have anymore time I just got until Tuesday and I feel stuck.I was thinking the same thing of what Frisky Feline said But for me I think I would have to be in an college with special education or an college with disabilities.I,am a slow learner and now I'm probably more slower I May have difficulties learning and probably may not understand the teacher in college.I may not absorb alot of information and have difficulties reading in college I also don't know if they will teach me in my level.I sometimes add 470 + 470 in my mind saying the number in my mind I'm slow at doing this and the way how do is 7 + 7 in my mind and then the next I do this to test my concentration.I don't know what's it going to happen this Tuesday Unless if I tell her the job from the result of test or maybe I'll be in some program I haven't even went outside this week because of this VESID Stuff I don't want my anxiety to get worse.

Start with community college so you ll think more what you like to do with your life.

Or a vocational training school. These schools focus more on on-hand training and less on academics.

I did that already I score very low in ever test like 40 and 50 and the lady wrote down Recommendations:Supported Work:Maintenance and Food Services I just think I could do better than that.My goal is always to go to college but I don't think is an good idea for me to do that cause I could failed and than my case is close I rather do it on my own and I think that without this program I can't even find a job by myself so I still haven't put my foot on the door for the past two years.

You never know if you are good at a job until you apply for and get that job and work there for at least 6 months. You may not like maintainence or food service, but you at least will be learning new skills and building up your resume for a better job. Don't ignore options that you haven't tried yet. What about retail? It's not that academically challenging to work in a retail store like Target or Walmart and there are lots of opportunities to do different things in the store.

Going to college is a waste of time if you don't have even the slightest idea of what you want to do. Colleges usually start pushing hard by the end of the second year to have students declare their majors.

By ignoring viable options and waiting on other people, you are punishing yourself.

I don't think is possible to find any programs I think this has to do with VESID
Today is Friday and I don't think that I have anymore time I just got until Tuesday and I feel stuck.I was thinking the same thing of what Frisky Feline said But for me I think I would have to be in an college with special education or an college with disabilities.I,am a slow learner and now I'm probably more slower I May have difficulties learning and probably may not understand the teacher in college.I may not absorb alot of information and have difficulties reading in college I also don't know if they will teach me in my level.I sometimes add 470 + 470 in my mind saying the number in my mind I'm slow at doing this and the way how do is 7 + 7 in my mind and then the next I do this to test my concentration.I don't know what's it going to happen this Tuesday Unless if I tell her the job from the result of test or maybe I'll be in some program I haven't even went outside this week because of this VESID Stuff I don't want my anxiety to get worse.

sounds like you have a learning disability??? or dyslexia??? I don't know but it sounds like college is not a right choice for you. Perhaps technical school is better for you because it's very hand-on experience.

Do you learn better by observing what people do than reading books?

I forgot to mention not mentally ready for college or prepare for college yet.It is Learning Disabilities Jiro I don't know if I learn better by observing people I know that there are trades that you do some reading like computer repair the reading probably a little difficult to read I went for that trade back when I was in high school when I was 17.I'm not saying is not possible to get prepare and go to college I still have the idea to go to college one day I'm just trying to take Advantage of this.Maybe Kristy2078 is right I,am probably punishing myself but then what about I may feel bad probably about myself? Yeah these program takes like 6 months and I already went to an program YAI going once a week I could go back its that's is once a week I also feel that this program just like to get paid also if I go to other program its probably other 6 months I don't know Plus I just realize that these programs are for people That are not competitive for work or something.I'm still going to feel like I'm not doing anything wasting more time maybe if I,m doing something everyday I may not have to be afraid if my anxiety may not get worse for staying home because its been two years.VESID have these things to offer but I,m not going to do all of them.

Last edited:
Back