What are some things that VESID paids for?

pedro2

Reaction score
what kinds of things do VESID paid for?

well let me ask you this - what do you want from VESID to pay for?

that's what I'm trying to figure out so that I know what I would like VESID to paid for I don't know if some of you knows a little bit more about this program.

that's what I'm trying to figure out so that I know what I would like VESID to paid for I don't know if some of you knows a little bit more about this program.

for starter - they can help pay for school or courses if it will help you to get a job.

I did that already I score very low in ever test like 40 and 50 and the lady wrote down Recommendations:Supported Work:Maintenance and Food Services I just think I could do better than that.My goal is always to go to college but I don't think is an good idea for me to do that cause I could failed and than my case is close I rather do it on my own and I think that without this program I can't even find a job by myself so I still haven't put my foot on the door for the past two years.

Interesting, Curious do you have any form of HS diploma or IEP diploma?? just wonder.

They did help but I had to pick up the application myself and explained to them about VR myself then I gave the information to VR then VR assured them that I would do a fine job. So i did a good job. Simple as that.

That is because you had a better VR conselor back in the old days comparing to today's. This current conselor in Suffolk I just recently had a meeting with... oh my god! She is lousy in ASL and doesn't fare well in understanding what I was signing to her! She had to ask me to repeat at least 2 times to her what I said in ASL...very slowly. She might have misunderstood at some words of what I said. Boy, it was pretty frustrating. No wonder why in her office has no VP!

I don't even like her.... she said "sorry, i don't think i can guarantee in helping you find a job." I was like whoa....... Karl was soo right to warn me about VESID Suffolk conselors are no good before my first appt meeting with her.

That is because you had a better VR conselor back in the old days comparing to today's. This current conselor in Suffolk I just recently had a meeting with... oh my god! She is lousy in ASL and doesn't fare well in understanding what I was signing to her! She had to ask me to repeat at least 2 times to her what I said in ASL...very slowly. She might have misunderstood at some words of what I said. Boy, it was pretty frustrating. No wonder why in her office has no VP!

I don't even like her.... she said "sorry, i don't think i can guarantee in helping you find a job." I was like whoa....... Karl was soo right to warn me about VESID Suffolk conselors are no good before my first appt meeting with her.

My vr signs Ok. He only pointed at the documents and explained why I need to sign all BS and explained about school.

I know nowaday Vrs have more rules than years ago. I made efforts.. Also I don't remember what position the guy Mr. P who encouraged us to find the jobs, similiar as the intership. I had jobs years thanks to MNM too.

High School Diploma by an fluke I was in special education back than and the test I did where RCT test.I was going to an program every once a week since last august 2010 and waiting months in there the rest of the week I stood home.The job coaches suppose to help to me find an job But what they do is Teached the same thing how to be prepare on a interview.I think the type of jobs they offer are maintenance,food services,and stocks cause I away hear them say that ever since I was there.My VESID counselor stop paying them and she told me if I don't know make up my mind or know what to do my case is close by this Monday or Tuesday.I would like to do something like maybe everyday so that I don't spend to much at home or probably my condition get worse.

They didn't help me any damn thing.

well - a few years ago, some college student sued her college for not getting a job after graduation and that she was misled.

just saying...

Sounds like VESID is like AVRS (Arkansas Vocational Rehabilitation Services). I don't think VRS will pay for anything, but they will assist you in getting a job suited to your needs as well as helping you get assistive devices such as HAs and CapTel Phones, depending on your needs.

Back