What a great crowd!

BoomBoom

Reaction score
This place is awesome! I've enjoyed reading a number of threads and decided to finally come out of the shadows. I'm a hearing girl who became interested in sign through a deaf guy in one of my classes this summer. He was the first deaf person I had ever met. Since then, a deaf auditor came into my office last November, and a deaf little girl joined my Sunday School class! I really want to be able to talk to them directly, especially for the deaf girl so her mom can go to service and not have to stay in class to interpret for her.

I have been teaching myself to sign since October, but it is frustrating without interaction with another live person. I start an ASL class at a local junior college Tuesday, and I can hardly wait! I signed up the very first day of registration.

A few details...I'm an auditor. I have a 7 yr old little girl with ADHD who goes to a school for kids with special needs, she is just delightful and says the funniest, most original things! We are vegetarians. We have four lazy, loveable cats and two goofy, affectionate rats.

I love languages, dancing, reading, and puzzles in any form (hence auditing).

Y'all have some of the nicest and wittiest people in AD. I know I'm going to enjoy it here!

BoomBoom,
Yes you may welcome here on AD.. and let's breath away..

Perfect place for you and other members who can give you answer all about the information and includes some of interpreters who members here too...
Very deligaited happy to give your question and answer.. :D

:wave: :welcome: to AllDeaf BoomBoom. What a beautiful introduction!! I think it's great the you are learning to sign, and that you are able to use your sign language with the deaf. Keep up the good work. Have fun posting on AllDeaf, and welcome aboard!!!

Welcome to Alldeaf BoomBoom! It's great that you have the compassion and the desire to learn how to sign in order to communicate with others that rely on the language alone...give it some time and with much patience, the virtues of interacting with them can be quite a charming and wonderful experience which rewards the heart with such beautiful emotions to cherish and behold. ;) Anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD!! :)

Hi there!!! Welcome to AD! This is a perfect forum for you to learn the deaf culture! WE ROCK!! :giggle: Anyway, hope you enjoy reading our posts as well as we'd like to read yours too! Happy posting!

Thanks everyone! I've learned a lot in the short time since I discovered AD, and I know I'll learn a lot more in the future.

Thank y'all for the warm welcome! :wave:

Flying Fingers, my favorite sign so far is the one for "sun", it's fun to do! I had my first official ASL class tonight and it was a lot of fun. She had us playing games and really got everyone into it.

My daughter's favorite sign is turtle, because she loves turtles. I showed it to her without telling her what it was, and she knew right away! She loves whales too; I'll have to learn it and see if she can guess what it is.

Anyway, now that I'm finally "here" in AD Land, I will have to leave for about two weeks due to business travel in D.C.

Any ADers in D.C.?

And one of these days when I have some extra time (yeah, right!), I need to figure out how y'all decorate your posts.

Hello BoomBoom....didn't anyone hear that?... :giggle:

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here..... ;)

Back