Well, I checked it out and my insurance

lilraysofhope

Reaction score
does NOT cover hearings aids, BAHA or Cochlear Implants!:devil:
(I had to try out that icon :) Anyhow, how do others get implanted without the insurance??? Are there state programs that you can apply through?? I don't think we can pay 30k at this time:deal:

It has been mentioned before in AD about a group (I think based in Colorado) that helps people (either without insurance or not covered by insurance) get a CI. Check out the old threads about assistance. There are probably groups out their that help people get HAs as well.

there's the CNI Cochlear Implant assistance program. You have to be confirmed as a candidate before you can apply. They will look over you application and the letters from your doctor and audiologist, etc., and determine your need for a CI. Then they will donate the cochlear implant, but you would still have to pay the hospital bills though. They only donate 1 implant though, not 2.
CNI Cochlear Implant Assistance Fund - CNI Center for Hearing - Colorado Neurological Institute

Do you have insurance? Even if it said no cochlear implant still talk to the doctor's office in filing for it. Not all changes are listed, revisions to the policy are sometimes not posted.

Tell us what your insurance provider is...maybe someone else on here has been successful in getting hearing aids or CI's covered with them and you can use that decision as precedent.

We were originally told that our insurance policy did not cover hearing aids or cochlear implants, but we discovered that this was not the case.

Read your policy closely to see what it says, and let others here corroborate their experiences with yours.

If you are considering Advanced Bionics, they have very good financial resources available if Insurance doesn't cover. Some resources are from NGO (non-govt. associations) and plenty of state grants, disability funds.

Back