Wedding Anniversaries?

Thank you, rebeccalj, Frisky Feline, lanapoo, deafbajagal, Reba, Sallylou, FireTiger, AlleyCat, Shel90, and Tousi.

My husband is not much into card greeting business like that. He is old fashioned in his own way. But he sure love going to restaurant as much as I do. :lol:

We had a very wonderful time eating in the restaurant. He had chicken with mash potatoes and corn (between lunch and dinner). I had some brunch like breakfast. I love French Toast with blueberries and strawberries with whip cream plus bacons, brown potatoes, not hash brown and two eggs. Yummy! Looking forward to going back again next year for our 15th Wedding Anniversary. :fingersx:

So happy that you got to go and have fun with your honey. Also very happy about your new deaf group and that you will make new deaf friends! Two great happenings for your anniversary.

Happy 15th Anniversary! It is so great to see you had a wonderful time with your hubby. Cheers~ :D

Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary. Where does the time go?? Remember your vows "in sickness and in health" those were tested this year!!!! Happy Anniversary to anyone celebrating also!!!:lol:

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary. Where does the time go?? Remember your vows "in sickness and in health" those were tested this year!!!! Happy Anniversary to anyone celebrating also!!!:lol:

That is exactly true on the "sickness and in health" and also to learn to respect each other (not that easy on this). Two heads are better trying to make the marriage work than one who can not handle the marriage. That is why my husband and I tried to work it out and boy, it is not a bed of roses at all. No one in all the marriages are perfect. **Sigh**

Congratulation being married for 24 years of marriage. Yeah, the time goes fast like the blink of our eyes. I hope you have many more years of marriage like we have. :thumb:

I just became deaf 5 months ago. My husband and I haven't learned sign language yet. Very hard to communicate with anyone!! Is it hard to learn???

I just became deaf 5 months ago. My husband and I haven't learned sign language yet. Very hard to communicate with anyone!! Is it hard to learn???

Oh, I am not aware of your being deaf 5 months ago. I am sorry that you have lost your hearing. Now you are late deafened. As for ASL (American Sign Language) it might be complicate as a hearing person to understand the way we sign. It is not like SEE (Sign Exact English). It is more of a picture signs that we communicate to make it easier to understand each other. To learn how to sign, you need to sign fingerspells like A to Z. Then you need to sign just basic (easy) signs and graduate to the next level. It is better if you go to the ASL class in the community college so that you can learn from the ASL instructor and work with hearing and deaf students who want to learn ASL like you. No, it should not be that hard to learn and you can practice in front of the mirror or watch the close caption program to practice signing. You don't want to get rusty. :lol:

Welcome to AllDeaf. :wave:

We have learned our a-z and my husband uses a white board to write things down. But that takes a long time. My deafness was due to a serious illness which I spent a month in the hospital. So still trying to get healthy and cope with phantom noises. Do you have that. What a pain. I hear the same song over and over again. Wakes me up very early. I also hear very loud like firework sounds. Just realizing all that I can't do anylonger. Im only 49 so this was a shock for us and our family!!!

We have learned our a-z and my husband uses a white board to write things down. But that takes a long time. My deafness was due to a serious illness which I spent a month in the hospital. So still trying to get healthy and cope with phantom noises. Do you have that. What a pain. I hear the same song over and over again. Wakes me up very early. I also hear very loud like firework sounds. Just realizing all that I can't do anylonger. Im only 49 so this was a shock for us and our family!!!

Now I remember you on the introduction thread. I wrote the last thread of your post. You were having problem with hearing sounds and weird noises in your head when you could not hear anything outside of your head. I did not have that problem before I had my first hearing aid as a kid. After I have used my hearing aid like taking the hearing aid off or my hearing aid got broken. I do hear funny noises in my head but not like the real noises that you pick up. I got use to it for a while. The noises can be very annoying and bothersome.

Do you have an hearing aid? If not, then you need to go to the audiologist to get hearing test to find out how much hearing loss you have so that the audiologist will find the right hearing aid for you to wear for your ear. Okay? :hmm:

Yes that's our next step. I am completely 100% deaf. The neurologist only suggestion what's cochlear i,plants. I Domt want to go that route. How much can you hear with your hearing aids. Was cochlear ever an option for you?

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me! I really have a hard time learning this computer stuff. Hopefully I will understand it soon and be able to talk with you later. I live in Rocklin, California so I think we have quite a bit difference in our time zone!!!

Yes that's our next step. I am completely 100% deaf. The neurologist only suggestion what's cochlear i,plants. I Domt want to go that route. How much can you hear with your hearing aids. Was cochlear ever an option for you?

Well, that is your decision. I am glad that I don't have CI (Cochlear Implant) in my head or behind my ear. It is just surgery which I don't want. It is not an emergency to put the device in. I don't like the idea of the surgeon putting it in my head and what if the CI don't work for me. What happen if a deaf person decide that he or she want to take the CI devices out.

No, it is better if I wear hearing aid or no hearing aid. No CI, period!

I hate that when hearing parents made the decision to put CI in their babies. The medical people try to get hearing parents to put CI into their babies. I think that is wrong. That is why it is important that the deaf children or deaf adult can decide if they want to have CI or not. Why the rush? :ugh:

I don't know if you received my last message! I'm so new at this. Only thing they ate recommending are cochlear implants. I don't want to go that route. Are they an option for you?

That's how I feel. In no hurry for a complicated surgery that may have problems. Only deaf people tell you the real story. Hearing people think that's your only option!!! Not for me!!!

Back