webcam probs!!

lovezebras

Reaction score
I am having trouble with my cam connecting to ooVoo and msn...does anyone know how to fix this problem? It tells me to connect my cam to a stronger usb port or something but my cam is integrated into my computer?..

I am having trouble with my cam connecting to ooVoo and msn...does anyone know how to fix this problem? It tells me to connect my cam to a stronger usb port or something but my cam is integrated into my computer?..

Kind of webcam?

Is your webcam an iintergrated webcam?
Or is your webcam an external one?

By all means, intergrated webcam is already inside of an computer... try the following.. when you are on ooVoo

Select File
click 'settings'
select 'camera' from left side meu
Go to "select an camera" and click whatever the camera is in the drop down list,
you should be able to find the webcam there, since the computer would be detecting it
after selecting it, press 'test' to see if the webcam can be connected without a glitch. If it doesn't .... reboot your computer and try again. If not working after that, re-install the ooVoo software.

Ok it does it with msn sometimes too..it says cannot detect a cam...i have an integrated webcam and my comp is an Hp pavillion dv2000.
Sometimes msn works with no probs..sometimes it doesnt..ooVoo will cut in and out every 10 secs lol and so i had to just turn my cam off when im on ooVoo wich sucks...cuz it kinda ruins the whole webcamming experience with ppl lol

Ok it does it with msn sometimes too..it says cannot detect a cam...i have an integrated webcam and my comp is an Hp pavillion dv2000.
Sometimes msn works with no probs..sometimes it doesnt..ooVoo will cut in and out every 10 secs lol and so i had to just turn my cam off when im on ooVoo wich sucks...cuz it kinda ruins the whole webcamming experience with ppl lol

Same problem as JClarke s intergrated webcam notebook. he purchased new Logitech webcam Pro 9000. it s better than intergrated webcam. He will explain that soon.

I have a Compaq Presario C700 laptop with webcam intergrated, these intergrated webcams are no good these days, I have purchased myself an external Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 which is an excellent webcam and it works beautifully, so I believe your webcam is having a malfunction problem which doesn't detect very well, did you try rebooting the computer, si?

If yes, and no difference. Guess, get an external webcam, and you'll be chatting away.

I have a Compaq Presario C700 laptop with webcam intergrated, these intergrated webcams are no good these days, I have purchased myself an external Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 which is an excellent webcam and it works beautifully, so I believe your webcam is having a malfunction problem which doesn't detect very well, did you try rebooting the computer, si?

If yes, and no difference. Guess, get an external webcam, and you'll be chatting away.

Thought of uninstalling and reinstalling updated drivers for Webcam?

Had that issue on my Acer Aspire laptop when using Logitech Fusion webcam. Logitech Fusion 10.5 driver cause my lappy to crashed with BSOD every time I tried to run Netmeeting or Envision SL. I contacted Logitech and notified them of problem. Then few months later, they implemented Fusion 11.0 driver and it solved the problems.

Maybe updating driver would work for your current webcam. If not then get Logitech 9000 Pro webcam (they're the best, better than my Fusion). DON'T buy CHEAP webcam (anything less than $40!!!). They'll crap your video chat!! Refurbished Logitech Fusions or 9000 Pro would do just fine for good reasonable price (I bought Refurbished Logitech Fusion for $26 on Ebay)

I've never had experience any problem with oovoo and any videophone softwares while using Fusion. It was smooth!!

The ONLY problem I had was Sprint's VP software. Sprint's Terps and Customer support often blamed me for slow cable connections, Nah, It's them and their Sprint software that bogs down performance cuz they put too much options in it. HOVRS, VIABLE, i711 (using flashplayer) and some VP softwares never had an issue with my webcam and my laptop. Sprint should cut back all it's "baggages" on their software. Took my laptop 1/2 hr to finish installing SPRINT's software!! while rest of other took just less than a min. Shush!! It's typical of Sprint (so does my Sprint's BB software and Sprintspeed modem software installation had similiar installation issue!!)

Catty

Thought of uninstalling and reinstalling updated drivers for Webcam?

Had that issue on my Acer Aspire laptop when using Logitech Fusion webcam. Logitech Fusion 10.5 driver cause my lappy to crashed with BSOD every time I tried to run Netmeeting or Envision SL. I contacted Logitech and notified them of problem. Then few months later, they implemented Fusion 11.0 driver and it solved the problems.

Maybe updating driver would work for your current webcam. If not then get Logitech 9000 Pro webcam (they're the best, better than my Fusion). DON'T buy CHEAP webcam (anything less than $40!!!). They'll crap your video chat!! Refurbished Logitech Fusions or 9000 Pro would do just fine for good reasonable price (I bought Refurbished Logitech Fusion for $26 on Ebay)

I've never had experience any problem with oovoo and any videophone softwares while using Fusion. It was smooth!!

The ONLY problem I had was Sprint's VP software. Sprint's Terps and Customer support often blamed me for slow cable connections, Nah, It's them and their Sprint software that bogs down performance cuz they put too much options in it. HOVRS, VIABLE, i711 (using flashplayer) and some VP softwares never had an issue with my webcam and my laptop. Sprint should cut back all it's "baggages" on their software. Took my laptop 1/2 hr to finish installing SPRINT's software!! while rest of other took just less than a min. Shush!! It's typical of Sprint (so does my Sprint's BB software and Sprintspeed modem software installation had similiar installation issue!!)

Catty

Nah, it still works, but oftenly, I never use it. I use the external webcam which is the Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, I highly recommend anyone to get this one, it works smoothly within ooVoo, MSN (Sometimes it depends on the speed of its server), i711, HOVRS, Viable and much more. FYI, Envision SL doesn't exist anymore, it suxs

Some brand netbook and notebooks' internal webcam video are CMOS sensors which may slow down your videoconference capabilities. External webcam is good CCD sensor.

Some brand netbook and notebooks' internal webcam video are CMOS sensors which may slow down your videoconference capabilities. External webcam is good CCD sensor.

Not all of them are. I just found out Logitech uses "High Quality VGA" which is actually a high quality CMOS!!! It is falling back to CMOS mainstream because it is cheaper to make and uses LESS power. I didn't like the idea of Logitech swtiching to CMOS mainstream but as long as video runs smooth, AND camera can see dim light well, that's important. MY Logitech Fusion have High Quality VGA. No wonder Logitech is trying to smear wording to fool customers thinking that camera still a CCD even it's not.

Philip and Creative, and iSight Webcams and few webcams have CCD and it is more expensive than any High Quaility VGA (CMOS) cameras. You'll have to google search and find

Older or cheap off brand webcams use regular CMOS eye (not high quality CMOS) that become blinded on dim lights and very choppy video (it takes 300 watt or 500 watt light to be able to see you clearly and make video runs smoother on best light condition). Ever wonder why you browse through Ebay seeing several webcams with Infared LED lights around it's eye??? IT can see Infared light clearly that human eye can't see. IT act like "invisiable" light to allow cheap webcams to see you well and run smoother but color quailty in dim light would be really bad. :lol:

You probably have used Sorenson VP100 that have a "blind" camera that demand brightest light you could find to be able to see you. Now VP200 have High Quality CMOS and can see dim light, just 1 60watt light bulbs succificent to see you well, I'm now a happy camper using VP200!!

THose who are using Linux, THere are webcam that is called "Driverless" webcam that you don't have to worry about trying to compile driver for Linux.

Logitech 9000 Pro works very well with Linux using Linux's UVC driver (was formerly a Linux driver for Phillip webcams)

Catty

i just uninstalled the integrated cam and installed the external one instead

Back