Weather in your region and how you handle it?

I'm so glad to live in New Orleans. I don't know how you all deal with cold weather like that! It's 70 degrees here right now. Last week it was in the 40s....and that to us is freezing!!

I grew up in Phx, AZ and I still get excited whenever it snows here in Maryland even though I have been living here for almost 14 years. Wow...I cant believe it has been that long since I lived in the desert.

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:
Wirelessly posted

I am sure it is beautiful. I have never seen real snow. Only the FL brand flurries that melts before it hit the ground.

Really? Never seen 1 inch of snow?

Never seen a single flake on the ground. Grew up in FL and visit the Northern states during warmer months.

Wirelessly posted

Hotaru said:
Wirelessly posted
I am sure it is beautiful. I have never seen real snow. Only the FL brand flurries that melts before it hit the ground.

I remember that type of snow! :D I grew up in Florida. When my Floridian family took a trip to Canada once and it snowed enough to leave a light dusting on the cars outside, we scooped up the snow and built the tiniest little snowman and made a HUGE fuss over it. It was so exciting for us!

I can only imagine. :)

Where do you live??? Sounds more like Inverness than London area. I tend to gravitate towards Bristol, myself. :eek3:

All week it has hovered around zero. Some days below, other days a few degrees above. It has been a hard week on cars. So thankful I have a warm garage and a relatively new car so I've been okay.

Having lived with snowy winters all my life, I can't imagine what it would be like not to have experienced it and all the things that go along with it ... skiiing, toboganning, ski-dooing (or as we call it, sledding), building snowforts and snowmen, outdoor skating and yes, even shovelling (even if it is good exercise, I could give up the shovelling part quite easily :lol:)

This is a quick picture I took on my walk along the trails. The snow you see there is over 2 feet deep.

Attachments

• Jan 2013.jpg
    Jan 2013.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 3
Back