we designing

rimjhim

Reaction score
to make career in web designing...which s/w shd a person know...

okay if want to do web desiging for career few things you need to know:

Know how to use Hosting (space of hosting, bandwidth, Server types)

Knowledge of Html, Javascript, Php (if want use forum or few other scripts), Asp, CGI (not use often now), MySql (often use with php).

Have access to FTP or webhosting uploading (I preferably use FTP)

I forgot to add something I didnt have time to type all it up this morning before went to work.

you may want also learn how to do graphics which may be some advantages for web design as well as web templates but just keep in mind dont make too much animated or script that take loading while...

thanks alot for your advice...i'll start learning these s/ws...As i am in graphic designing and 2d animation...so i know graphic s/ws and flash,director and all...i am confident in 3d max also...but actually i am in a company where i basically design web pages and also include many flash animated objects and gif files.
finding web designing very interesting and want to know more abt this field. i know html and javascript but php and other languages...i guess are very difficult...so worried whether i'll be able to do that or not.

well since you mention you know javascript, you shouldnt have any problem with php usually it come with most of javascript in php once you learn php and you would be suprised to find it easy. I was in same shoes as you are now until I realize it not that hard but I am not complete there with php still learning....

yes i know javascript but not confident...as i told u that i am in 2d designing...so don't know much about languages.
In this company i design pages using simple html codes...but want to make it more interesting, i want to learn other languages too.
so from where shd i start...shd i stat with javascript...if u can suggest some sites and books or shd i take up a course on languages...would that help?
plz suggest me a correct path...
thanks alot for help...

Back