Waz and others English folks

ha, waz... ISL... is also irish SL. Now.. about USL...I bet aliens would try to gesture, too.

barnett, just because you have never seen a white tiger in person doesn't mean it doesn't exist. allright. if you are able to keep an open mind to that possibility.. I think it's something more recent and just started to get coined.. as more deafies from all over the world interact with each other.

At Deaf Way 2, we were trained (artist liasions/gallery docents) in USL as the people in charge coined it.. It was better than nothing, and I'm glad we had that advantage...

Hey! Czech sign for ho is just HH... like how you sign hard of hearing. lol

LOL... What about Icelandic SL? Indonesian SL? Italian SL? etc? :lol:
We used to have an international sign language called Gestuno, but it was changed to ISL recently. I have seen it used in Europe much more than in the United States.

Yeah, and the French sign for "oui" (yes) means arsehole in ASL! LOL

Originally posted by kuifje75

Yeah, and the French sign for "oui" (yes) means arsehole in ASL! LOL

:confused: Mind telling more details about that what you said?

Ya know the sign for asshole? "F" sideways moving to down slightly...
In LSF, it means yes, but they move the "F" sideways down then up then down. Not a big movement but like 2 or 3 inches space...

it will be interesting for me to learn some new language cuz i was introduced to ASL when I was 19 yrs old in my first deaf world cuz I have been in hearing world for my entire life.. so.. It will be more challenge for me to learn different sign language. :)

i learned the BSL signs with both hands while in middle school -- i TRY to remmy them when discussion comes to that -- *hopes i still remmy them* :eek:

ALSO -- id LOVE to learn more signs from different countries worldwide -- i find them so fascinating and a challenge to try them out while signing with ppl from other countries abroad :D

Originally posted by Grumpy Kiki
i did tried to learned these bsl once in while.. but its hard and fun :)

yes it is especially if u had learned some while in middle school or high school and that being over 20+ years ago makes it MUCH more challenging to try and remmy if not used on a regular basis like the kids today learning foreign languages in classes or go to a language immersion program where they get to practice regularly

Originally posted by Fly Free
yes it is especially if u had learned some while in middle school or high school and that being over 20+ years ago makes it MUCH more challenging to try and remmy if not used on a regular basis like the kids today learning foreign languages in classes or go to a language immersion program where they get to practice regularly

:nono: uh-huh i m 19 :rofl: but not yet til 20 in 2004 :lol:

Originally posted by kuifje75
Ya know the sign for asshole? "F" sideways moving to down slightly...
In LSF, it means yes, but they move the "F" sideways down then up then down. Not a big movement but like 2 or 3 inches space...

258~ :)

BSL is somewhat easy to learning only if i keep up with English friend to chat on webcam. :thumb:

Back