Waterproof hearing aids

I prefer to take HA off before I hit for beach or any water spot to dive in or so. Just learn how and get use to not hearing it but relying on visual then it will be ok. it takes practice to figure out to communicate with others. that is what i did since i was a kid. I don't know what to need the sounds for the water. :dunno2:

Very accurate and informative post. The maker of an invisible hearing aid is attempting a waterproof version. Siemens is debuting a new one. This is good.

Hey guys, sorry for such a delay. My problem is that sailing is a very communicative sport, which means I need to be able to talk to other people in other boats. When I capsize or get sprayed from the waves, my head usually won't go underwater, so those Siemens would be amazing if they would work for my hearing loss. Taking them off is not an option, I need to be able to hear. Visual contact alone would require a significant modification, since I have to be worried about other boats coming from my blind spot, which I may only hear them hailing "STARBOARD," or Protest situations where I need to take in a lot of information very quickly. This can't be done visually alone.

That deaf sailing blog is fairly informative, but it looks to be more of a cruising blog. I'm interested in dinghy races, which are grueling and very wet.

In case it isn't clear, I have my own boat.

Last edited:
Back