was wondering if any1 can answer my questions

Rolling up Piff

Reaction score
i was born hard of hearing both my parents are deaf. i grew up in a "hearing world" where i hung with hearing people all my life. im 23 going on 24 and started wondering will i be hard of hearing my whole life? or am i eventually going to turn 100 percent completely deaf? i always worried about turning completely deaf but dont really care if it happens knowing me i can accept it besides i already had the pleasures of listening 2 biggie,tupac and my fav rapper big pun lol the sounds and lyrics will forever be in my head but still would want to know do you know any1 in there late 30's early 40's who are still hard of hearing or did they just completely turn deaf?

If you listen to too much rap for sure you will. Go full deaf. In the mean time take extra special care of your hearing. Meaning no ear buds. Ear protection where necessary and run to a doc if you get ear infections.
You may be lucky and stretch out that hearing impairment for a long time. Are you using hearing aids now?

thanks for the response i dont have hearing aids cant afford em but thinking about getting em. should i? and when i do listen to music im not using headphones

Other than what deafbirk says, it also depends on the type of hearing loss you have3 as well as any genetic issues there may be.

Let me clarify, I was born hard of hearing to hearing parents. My family for as far back as we can tell are all hearing. I married and my hubby's family has no hearing loss at all as far back as anyone knows. Both of our kids were born hard of hearing. Due to another issue I had a birth, I am now total deaf. My son's hearing is getting progressively worse. My daughter has the same SNHL that son & I have, but her's is mild and is in the speech recognition area. She can hear all pitches at all levels. She cannot understand speech at all levels and speech is not clear for her. She describes it as trying to listen to someone talk underwater.

Nobody can answer the question with accuracy about whether you will go deaf. Because of advances in technology, I can hear today with hearing aids. In the future, I may not be so lucky.

It will be a sad day when I do go deaf, but it will not be the end of the world. You can still have a full life and have fun.

Also, there are many advances in medicine. Personally, I think there will be a correction of deafness in our lifetime.

Until that time, should that day come, protect your hearing and cherish it for as long as you have it.

well I have a grandmother who was hard of hearing and I am also hoh but who never knew?
and we also wore the same hearing aid brand right now :)

Back