Warning !!!!! Deaf Scam Alert !!!!!

Heath

Reaction score
I subscribe to Deaf Yahoo groups ( DHHC ) for Houston, Tx and here is a Deaf Scam Alert !!!!

Greetings all,
Sad news... Just as hearing people learned to take advantage of others by posing as deaf while using Internet Relay Services they now again are posing as people to help deaf children, but in reality it is a SCAM, HOAX, FRAUDULENT THEFT. If you recieve an email like this delete it. Let people you know be aware that they will not help any deaf children through this woman. They will only have their hard earned money stolen.
Be warned, be careful, do not be taken in. This person may join differnt list groups like ours and then send to each one of us. We try to be careful and ask each one who joins questions, but they can lie without us finding out. Yahoo groups are easy accessible for this. We try to keep the settings so our members can submit messages to each other and have access to each other. I feel this is important. But we can still have folks sneaking in to do things like this. Just keep informed and do not resond to any emails offering you money to help them out or that you have won the lotery in Cantolma, Angola or some other country. They will request a security fee or your bank info to deposit the money. Delete, delete, delete. Be sure if you have older parent that are just learning about emailing and the internet that they are made aware of these kinds of scams. Kiddies too!
So here is the message I got today. Keep an eye out for it. If you receive one like this pls let me know. (Since this goes out to all DHHC members I have to believe that it will also go out the person doing the scam. I hope they realize I will be looking for them!) Again, if you get a message like the one that follows about the deaf orphans or something similar focusing on Deaf and funds to be released please email me and let me know. If u can forward it fine. If not I lonly need to know you have received one.

Thanks so much for your help,
Michelle Martin, owner DHHC@yahoogroups.com

<<<<<<<----- Forwarded Message ----
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 1:25:11 PM
Subject: Hello Dear,

Hello Dear,

My name is Rose Williams i work for the uk deaf government..in manchester
.i will really love to pass this information to you. Which i know i am
convinced that you are really willing to take good care of 3 years old
kids both boys .

Their mother and father came from unknown area and they live in uk..in 3
months ago their parents die and they left the some of 3,million pounds
with the Uk deaf Finance Department, which is Equivalent to $6,000,000.00.
The 2 deafs kids are been admitted in the hospital were doctor Benedict is
taking good care of them because they were included in the accident that
happen few months back, to God be the glory that they were not dead like
their parents.we shall love a good honest deaf or woman who can acept the
2 kids and take good care of them and after 2 months the uk government
will always come to check after them..and such that person will be given
the 3million pounds to take good care of the kids. Please write me back if
u are intrested so that we can proceed towards securing you all the
documents.

Best Regards
Rose Williams

That's very like of Nigerian scam.. I had a 'fake' mail friend from Cote D'Ivoir .. and she tried to scam me using a very smilar form of that mail except that she never used deafness.. I had really bad experience..

Back