vp100 with wireless router

codaintrptr85

Reaction score
my mother is deaf and is wondering if the vp100 can run on a wireless router.... she said shes heard it doesnt ... but i just wanna clear it up for her... if you could help me out thatd be great... thanks

Yes it will work on lots of router either standard or with wireless.

Some brand router have problem with VP protocol or not forwarding it property to the VP100 so be sure to check Soreson website to see which brand router doesn't work too good with VP.

I have installed and use those brand/model wireless router with no problems and works fine with VP.

Dlink DIR-615

Dlink DIR-625

Dlink DIR-655

Basically you remove Sorenson router and replace it with a wireless router then you need to access inside the router using web browser http://192.168.0.1 on your computer and add 192.168.0.125 to the DMZ then enable DMZ and save router setting.

TechBill

my mother is deaf and is wondering if the vp100 can run on a wireless router.... she said shes heard it doesnt ... but i just wanna clear it up for her... if you could help me out thatd be great... thanks

What location she is in?

VP100 and VP200 can work with wireless routers but it has to be specific. Linksys Wireless does not work with Sorenson's Videophones unless its piggybacked with SR200. But I highly recommended D-Link's wireless products.

My VP 200 is connected to a D-Link WBR-2310 Wireless Rangebooster G Router and it works great. I also agree with TechBill mention of several wireless routers that works.

if you have any problems, you might likely call Sorenson Tech Support at 801.287.9403 or email: vrssupport@sorenson.com.

Take care.

Ryan

Wireless need to be at least G or N for better speed. B probably wouldn't be great which mean, terrible lapse.

Back