Vp

U mean you're saying they have oral terps? Hmmmm.......for hearing people, I have a VCO feature with my CSDVRS but I still will need the terp on the Sorenson monitor. I don't use it very much but there's a few deafies around here who really, really rely on their VP and they call us. I know the VRS industry doesn't like the deaf to deaf VRS thing but there isn't a thing they can do about that..

P.S. I think you should order the VRS now and by the time they get around to installing (lag time, big time) yours, your middle name might be Smoky Fingers! lol, if not, so what; the equipment will be there, waiting for you.

Oral terps..not that I know of. I have talked with a few deaf people on VP who didnt know sign language. Boy, it was difficult to try reading each other's lips on VP!!!

I have no idea how they got approved to get VPs..

not only just videophone with VRS, it also has VCO thru other side and relay interpets for you, i seen my friend doing that thru VP. i was AWED when she does it.. Wishing i cld try that. Maybe some oralist can do it in other ways.. i don't even own VP, i dunno if its worth for my time to use it, besides that - my friend begs me to have it sooner. Blah.. What is your pros and cons for videophones; whether its new or old?

Mod's Note:

Thread's moved to proper location.

I don't use it very much but there's a few deafies around here who really, really rely on their VP and they call us. I know the VRS industry doesn't like the deaf to deaf VRS thing but there isn't a thing they can do about that..

Deaf to Deaf VRS? You mean Deaf calling each other with VP, but not going through VRS, or do some Deaf call each other through VRS for some reason? A VP-VP call usually shouldn't go through VRS ...

Deaf to Deaf VRS? You mean Deaf calling each other with VP, but not going through VRS, or do some Deaf call each other through VRS for some reason? A VP-VP call usually shouldn't go through VRS ...

Thanks; a correction, I meant the deaf VPing one another. The reason why the VRS folks don't like it is because it's these calls where they don't make any money. If I call a hearing person or vice-versa, then they get something in the area of 6 bucks a minute.

Thanks; a correction, I meant the deaf VPing one another. The reason why the VRS folks don't like it is because it's these calls where they don't make any money. If I call a hearing person or vice-versa, then they get something in the area of 6 bucks a minute.

Yup! Like I posted bit about it somewhere not long ago that I learned that the VRS insider said that the average VRS usage between the vp users nationally is around 8% so that is rather too low a bit. So it ain't that much they could make out of VRS profits itself. But however, they said that they are making good money overall (gradually).

I believe that we, vp users should support little more simply because we all do need them just as they do need more from us, too. Also I think we have too many VRS services... 4 or 5 is enough so it could profit them even more that way, probably.

Back