Virgin Mobile - $25 data Plan a month!

pubwood

Reaction score
Virgin Mobile just released new smartphones - Blackberry Curve, LG Rumor 2, LG Rumor Touch, and Kyocera Loft. Android phone may be released sometime this year, as it is already out in Europe and Canada. The USA should follow anytime soon.

The unlimited data plan(email, text, and web) with 300 voice minutes for $25. I understand it uses the Sprint network.

The coverage area is pretty good unless you live in the rural.

Check this out....

Virgin Mobile USA

Any experience with Virgin Mobile's service in the past?

interesting. i'm already with sprint for now. i want to get either HTC or samsung epic from sprint...undecided.

no, i haven't tried VM service yet. once i order that one and see how it goes for testing. but i'm not sure yet, i'll think abt it. good things is no contract.

i read abt virgin mobile, some of them said, "internet too slow" and not alot of coverage area and sometimes bad signal.

Virgin Mobile is owned by Sprint and uses the Sprint network, so it should be the same as a Sprint phone in coverage. I was very impress by the LG Rumor Touch for call quality and it was one of the best phones for using it on the T-coil. Strong call signal and lack of interference to my Cochlear implant and hearing aids. Phones like the EVO and the EPIC is useless on the T-coil settings for my needs. The $25 plan sounds like it may be good. The one drawback I have heard is that their customer service is no better than the other carriers.

Interesting....

I wanted HTC one day! Maybe next spring/summer, who know...we'll see! :)

i bought LG rumor touchscreen at best buy store. and i tested them for a couple days, so far it's not bad. i will have to see how it goes for 30 days. (i will update)
oh, i set up with AIM for siprelay which is great.
the internet was fast and good signal in my coverage area, that surprised me.
i like touchscreen for just phone call include speaker which is easy and it's clear. and i like the slide out qwerty keyboard for email, IMs and texting. i'm not really a touchscreen person but i'm okay with it, i had to practice it with touchscreen (i'm not used to touchscreen).
oh, google map is good just like you see on the computer.

virgin mobile customer service has been very helpful to me. i got 60 minutes extra which i had 300 mintues plan, total 360 minutes.
so, i'm still with sprint until my contract end in jan 2011.
for VM with no contract, it's great!.

get it at best buy store or target store, you can test them to see if u like it or not. that's up to you. great budget for your needs. any questions you like to know just call VM customer service or look it up online. so i happened to met a deaf male who used LG rumor and he told me a little bit abt them, he had no plms with them and the VM service too. so i thought i tried them out.

sorry for the blurry pic, i used my blackberry camera.

blktopLG-1-1.jpg

i will wait for a better new smartphone in future. i will update if i get another new smartphone.

Last edited:
Virgin Mobile is owned by Sprint and uses the Sprint network, so it should be the same as a Sprint phone in coverage. I was very impress by the LG Rumor Touch for call quality and it was one of the best phones for using it on the T-coil. Strong call signal and lack of interference to my Cochlear implant and hearing aids. Phones like the EVO and the EPIC is useless on the T-coil settings for my needs. The $25 plan sounds like it may be good. The one drawback I have heard is that their customer service is no better than the other carriers.

WRONG! Virgin make agreement under contract to use Sprint's coverage.

WRONG! Virgin make agreement under contract to use Sprint's coverage.

There several news articles that states that Sprint owns and operates Virgin Mobile like the Forbes acticle on Aug. 26 2010 that states:

Sprint moved to strengthen its prepaid business by acquiring Virgin Mobile late last year.

I have the Rumor Touch. It is awesome. I get unlimited data, IM, text messaging, AIM, Yahoo, MSN and the coverage is really good. I have now had it one and a a half months with no problems. The vibration is good for me. It also has a qwerty keyboard that has a good feel for me. The 25.00 a month is definately in my budget. It comes with 300 useless for me voice minutes but then I can let my hearing friends or kids "bum my phone" for a minute with no problems. It was from Best Buy. When I bought the phone I got a 20.00 gift certificate with it. Wow. If you get one I will give you a code that Virgin gave me to help you get a discount if you want to.
I went for the Blackberry but this phone was on sale, sooooo much cheaper than the BB.

hey Everyday,
Do you know that Android phone is coming to Virgin Mobile?? YUPPP that phone is Samsung Intercept and we dont know yet about prepaid plan but we mighttt think it similar to Blackberry Plan which is cost $35 a month

I predict non-contact will become the prepaid popular like this. but i could be wrong..

Yes I have heard about this. I already have my LG Rumor Touch. If using a Android phone will give me better sync with calender on the PC it may be something I may look at in the future. I alsonot wiling to pay a extra premium unless there is something worth the extra that I would use most of the time.

hey Everyday,
Do you know that Android phone is coming to Virgin Mobile?? YUPPP that phone is Samsung Intercept and we dont know yet about prepaid plan but we mighttt think it similar to Blackberry Plan which is cost $35 a month

Yeah, virgin mobile has the best price, however, the lack of android based phone is the reason why I'm still with t-mobile.

LG rumor is just a basic phone. I have them since Sept 18th, I'm testing them. 25 dollars a month is a great deal.

I'm waiting for a new Smartphone.

My rumor touch is a bit more than just basic. It can run mobile opera which runs much faster than the default browser, Checks and reply to all my yahoo E-mail accounts, yahoo messenger,Aim, AOL mail, windows live messenger, windows live mail, Gtalk, Gmail and IMAP/POP Email as well. It has goggle maps for mobile as well. That is a bit more than "basic" just check "My Stuff" folder. One more thing I used to have a AT&T Windows tilt phone which I can customize more but the LG Tumor Touch ran smoothly and the touch screen works well for my needs and the keyboard works just as well.

LG rumor is just a basic phone. I have them since Sept 18th, I'm testing them. 25 dollars a month is a great deal.

I'm waiting for a new Smartphone.

Last edited:
Back