• No.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • It's broken, explain.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I have it but never use it, explain.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Ur funny!

I hate to tell you but some of your info was not true.

The netflix uses streaming and streaming WON'T work without TCP AND UDP.

Do you know what different between buffering and steaming?

You don't noticed that netflix (steaming) is quick than youtube (buffering)?

Again, Netflix is real-time video.

Dont believe me? Check the link out.

Rainforest Media Server - Overview

Sorry to heard about it.

There is no perfect. Believe or not. I met some of SVRS who don't know how to set up wireless, Windows Vista/7, etc and they asked me for help. I was like WTF. They are very good with old school like Windows XP and networking wired.

Yes, I recently set up FIOS settings and removed one router because it conflicted with Fios modem with router built in. I set two laptops wirelessly successfully. Both laptops have Windows 7 and Vista respectively. Thank god, I still remember how it works even after I got laid off from Sorenson.

Even Sorenson's tech support don't believe me that netgear have switch networking products, he thought netgear is for router only till I told him google "FS105" then he did and he was speechless. I used SVRS before till FCC cut.

Wow, I never knew Netgear has switch boxes. I only know Dlink has switch boxes. Thanks for the tip.

Also, my friend's young brother who IT and he called to Sorenson about which recommend brand of wireless bridge for VP-200 and 2-3 tech supports told him that VP-200 won't work with wireless at all. He was pissed off big time and he HATE to see wired from 2nd floor (VP-200) to basement (router) so he was lucky and got right wireless bridge brand and no problem with with vp-200 thru wireless bridge for over year.

Wireless bridge/adapter can be added, but I have not had experienced with wireless bridge unfortunately. I am willing to ask you for any assistance or advice near the future if I own the house one day.

"Streaming" is a generic term. It basically means that the data being transferred can be used immediately, without having to download the "thing" in it's entirety before it can be used.

Now, streaming doesn't have to be video only, it also for audio too. Now there are two types of streaming: "True" and "Progressive download"

"True" streaming actually means that the data is played, then discarded immediately after it is played. Hence, no local copy of the file is stored. Technically, Macromedia Flash can perform "true" streaming, however to do so requires an ensemble of server-side software plus streaming-fees, which can be rather costly. Using the "progressive download " method is the least expensive way to present audio/video on a website. Like "true" streaming, the movie "Planet of the Ape" is "progressive download " method allows a file to begin playing before it is fully downloaded.

Now as far as 'Buffer" system, it's a local (on your computer) traffic buffering, this prevent any "slow down" data on your machine, once the data pour in the bucket and the hole in the bottom of the bucket, the data pour out smoothly and if the machine suddenly slow down by other application running intensive mathematical work, the data that come out of the hole still going smoothly because data in the bucket is full at the top and being interupted. It have no effect to the bottom of the bucket. It's same concept of electricity that have built in capacitor, the input voltage fluctuated while output voltage running smooth, it's because capacitor acted as a buffer.

Now when you see a video that say "Optimize", it's because it's part of the embedded flash player run from the server, it have nothing to do with streaming or buffering.

LOL again! Where do you think these streaming going though? Without router? Sure it will be alot clearer, but when it HAS to go router, it is whole different ball. I don't care what kind of videostream, what I care is HOW packets were transmitted. And of course, packets has to go though router. Application is just application, I'm talking about Data link which is second layer of OSI model.

What router does with TCP? If it receives packet with error, check the protocol oh TCP, alright send request to resend the packet until it reaches correct. This is a time delay involved. These are used generally in NON-real time such as Netflix. Where real time application, if used TCP, it will mess up itself by freezing the whole video UNLESS the connection between two hosts is perfect clear which is not going to happen. UDP which makes router receives packet and see error in it and since it is UDP, it would just pass the packet and forget it and ask for next packet and so on. This reduces freezing on video. That is how it works.

Bottom line, my point is never compare with two different types of applications when come to pictorial quality. Real time and non-real time because again it gives you false idea of how good the connection is on one side.
Nothing news. You don't even read whole my post and I don't talked about router. Wake up!

Its like

Hey the picture on computers looks fine and superb, why does the VP picture so blurry and pix elated?

See where is the problem? Its way obvious, because on computer it loads up once, maybe twice where VP have to reload around 30 times in one second BOTH ways.

"Streaming" is a generic term. It basically means that the data being transferred can be used immediately, without having to download the "thing" in it's entirety before it can be used.

Now, streaming doesn't have to be video only, it also for audio too. Now there are two types of streaming: "True" and "Progressive download"

"True" streaming actually means that the data is played, then discarded immediately after it is played. Hence, no local copy of the file is stored. Technically, Macromedia Flash can perform "true" streaming, however to do so requires an ensemble of server-side software plus streaming-fees, which can be rather costly. Using the "progressive download " method is the least expensive way to present audio/video on a website. Like "true" streaming, the movie "Planet of the Ape" is "progressive download " method allows a file to begin playing before it is fully downloaded.

Now as far as 'Buffer" system, it's a local (on your computer) traffic buffering, this prevent any "slow down" data on your machine, once the data pour in the bucket and the hole in the bottom of the bucket, the data pour out smoothly and if the machine suddenly slow down by other application running intensive mathematical work, the data that come out of the hole still going smoothly because data in the bucket is full at the top and being interupted. It have no effect to the bottom of the bucket. It's same concept of electricity that have built in capacitor, the input voltage fluctuated while output voltage running smooth, it's because capacitor acted as a buffer.

Now when you see a video that say "Optimize", it's because it's part of the embedded flash player run from the server, it have nothing to do with streaming or buffering.

I am agreed with you. You got better explain than me. Like netflix, I click any playlist and it's open and video ready immediately like one seconds, I tried skip in one hour then load immediately, Thanks to streaming. Youtube take 5-10 seconds load and sometime 20 seconds due buffer.

Last edited:
Yes I like to use it with my close deaf friends. Since I am late deaf my signing is not so great. My other deaf friends are used to me and we really like to chat.

I use P3 but it isn't as nice on my new laptop as it was on my little netbook. I can't seem to get the perspective right. I have to set the laptop across the table to get a good signing space. I could set the little laptop quite close.

Back