Veganism

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
I am not sure if the word Veganism is a proper word for labelling people. :dunno2:

anyway, Yesterday i was at a SKI resort. One of those Deaf friend who happens to be vegan. She saw my daughter eating the PB sandwich. She overreacted about the white bread. She said, " your girl is eating, white bread." Of course, My response was " yeppers, its a white bread. " with a big smile on my face. :giggle:

I wonder do veganism overreact to let others know what they are eating food that is UNHEATHLY?

No need debates here. it kills my time. :lol:

When I was vegan in college I was -really - vegan, no leather shoes, no honey etc. As I got older I got more flexible. I still eat a plant-based, whole-foods way.
I don't know what the issue could possibly with white bread there....my only guess as i consider is that many breads do have refined white sugar or honey in them. or some breads have eggs or egg wash on them
which technically makes them not vegan according to the strictest, traditional guidelines - BUT it's for your own family if your daughter eats the white bread.
So smile on....

yes some people who are vegan do overreact.
let them...

Interesting about people reacts to what people are eating. She's sweet but always overreact to everything anyway.

yeah, I know, and harder with kids too, both cause kids are more direct and just come out with stuff when it might be a better idea not to -and kids can also be very sensitive, especially at certain age ranges.

I am not sure if the word Veganism is a proper word for labelling people. :dunno2:

anyway, Yesterday i was at a SKI resort. One of those Deaf friend who happens to be vegan. She saw my daughter eating the PB sandwich. She overreacted about the white bread. She said, " your girl is eating, white bread." Of course, My response was " yeppers, its a white bread. " with a big smile on my face. :giggle:

I wonder do veganism overreact to let others know what they are eating food that is UNHEATHLY?

I've seen my vegan friends eat wraps and veggie burgers. I don't think the bread itself is a vegan issue. However, I'm not vegan and I don't usually eat white bread. If your friend is like me, the reason is probably the over processing that goes into making it which is unhealthy. Whole wheat bread, on the other hand, doesn't have all that processing and you won't gain weight on it.

As far as over-reacting, that's a personal issue. My vegan friends don't force things on me other than making a vegan meal when they invite me over(I could bring over whatever I want).

If this stuff bothers you or your friend is really persistent, ask if he/she is eating soy. If they answer yes, ask why they are eating the most genetically modified food on earth. It's part of the vegan hypocrisy.

It does seem to be a vegan trait. My older daughter was vegan for years, and kind of militant about it.

I never forgot the time she insisted we all eat soybean brownies she had made...

Now in adulthood, she is an RN studying for her doctorate, and interestingly enough, no longer vegan.

I've seen my vegan friends eat wraps and veggie burgers. I don't think the bread itself is a vegan issue. However, I'm not vegan and I don't usually eat white bread. If your friend is like me, the reason is probably the over processing that goes into making it which is unhealthy. Whole wheat bread, on the other hand, doesn't have all that processing and you won't gain weight on it.

As far as over-reacting, that's a personal issue. My vegan friends don't force things on me other than making a vegan meal when they invite me over(I could bring over whatever I want).

If this stuff bothers you or your friend is really persistent, ask if he/she is eating soy. If they answer yes, ask why they are eating the most genetically modified food on earth. It's part of the vegan hypocrisy.

ha ha about the soy part. I will check if she does drink soy or not. i remember they do. It does not bother me but surprise to see how she reacts to it.. Glad my kid didnt see it because she can be sensitive when they talk about her.

It does seem to be a vegan trait. My older daughter was vegan for years, and kind of militant about it.

I never forgot the time she insisted we all eat soybean brownies she had made...

Now in adulthood, she is an RN studying for her doctorate, and interestingly enough, no longer vegan.

Interesting to know that she no longer be a vegan. I know some people changes. could it be a financial issue?

Interesting to know that she no longer be a vegan. I know some people changes. could it be a financial issue?

Not sure at all. She got married and will soon have her first baby. I think it might just be good judgement and making sure the baby gets the best start possible.

Soybean itself could be GMO, but it can also be natural. The bigger issue is manufactured soy products(not just milk). And, a lot of those have been linked to health issues. You can get non-gmo soy, but like 98% of what is on the market is GMO.

To be sure, non-vegan, non-gmo products are much more plentiful and probably safer.

EDIT: P.S. This is a touchy issue. You might not want to bring this up directly. I've discussed with my friends and they now use non-gmo soy.

I try to avoid all the "veggie-burger" substitutes though I don't much meat.
Mostly fish and eggs and beans for protein, and I love my morning oatmeal with flax!

I have run into some vegans who were certainly very extreme-

I try to avoid all the "veggie-burger" substitutes though I don't much meat.
Mostly fish and eggs and beans for protein, and I love my morning oatmeal with flax!

I have run into some vegans who were certainly very extreme-

My co worker is a semi vegan. She always bring her sauage but it is not meat. I forget what is it called. she bought it from the morning star. I think. :dunno2: she does eat dairy, only stonebrook.

Every single veganite I've met eventually gave up after a few years and started eating cheeseburgers. They will not admit to falling off the wagon.

Yeah there are some vegan militants out there... like one of my step daughter. When we first brought new Honda C-RV that have leather seat covers and when she first got in the car and she shout "SMELL LIKE DEAD ANIMAL INSIDE!!"

I was like....oh crap.....

One of my friends is vegetarian kind of not his choice. He gets sick when he eats meat.

Yeah there are some vegan militants out there... like one of my step daughter. When we first brought new Honda C-RV that have leather seat covers and when she first got in the car and she shout "SMELL LIKE DEAD ANIMAL INSIDE!!"

I was like....oh crap.....

Actually, leather is a by product, but I know that doesn't make a difference to a vegan.

I sympathizes with them, but here is what I want to know: Once everyone stops eating animals, where are we going to put them?

It is nice to try and do something for the animals, but shoving your opinions
into other people face is flat out rude.

How would one like if I come up to a vegan and yelled "you need meat!
eat an effing steak!"

Fuzzy

I like one of the Food Network shows where cameras are set up in restaurants to catch employees doing bad things. This week's show was done in a vegan joint. But the owner allows cheese. When a plant (person from the show) went there and asked for cheese on her sandwich, the head waitress called it murder and I think the owner wanted to murder her for turning away business. She kept her job. Vegans can get extreme as we all can. It's worse in Asheville than anyplace I've lived because it's more health conscious.

No debating and I eat garbage and health food. I read what was in milk, and that dropped out of my diet unless the 1/2 & 1/2 is organic - closest I get to milk (along with non-organic brie boo hoo!!!!).

I tried adopting a vegetarian diet for health reasons but I had to stop because it was so expensive. I bought a bag of fresh fruits and vegetables that were in season at Walmart. It cost me $50! I was like WTF?!? No wonder people don't eat healthy anymore, its too expensive! So now I try to balance everything out as best I can and stay within budget.

Back