Unresponsive person

ClearSky

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having a problem with my audiologist. I had an appointment with her in August. Well, I told her what was missing from ordering supplies for my Cochlear Implant, so they can mail insurance. I am also missing the audiograms and CI report that I always get. Anyway, I e-mailed her in September about not having my supply and documents. Well, she never replies. Then I called October 2nd, and they told me she was on Jury Duty that week. Well, I know she can't be on Jury Duty all these time, so that's a lame excuse on the receptionist. Anyway, so she was going to leave her a message, and it's Halloween! I haven't heard from her. I e-mailed her over the weekend. Today, I called to leave a message.

Well, it's aggravating me when people do that to me. She's done that once when late battery ordering probably last years. She's always been timely with her times, and I don't know what's up, but I told her that I hoped I can continue to rely on her for all my hearing needs. There's not that many CI audiologists in my area, and I prefer not to switch. She seemed nice as usually in August, so I don't understand why she doesn't reply.

The reason it makes me anxious is because it's something that I hanging over my head. It's something I haven't crossed off my to do list as something already done. Can you understand how I feel? *Sigh*

What do you do in this situation? Contacting her boss normally doesn't lead to a smooth relationship afterwards, so I'd rather solve it normally. There's no reason to contact her boss.

I hope she responds after my 4th attempts (2 emails and 2 phone messages).

There needs to be a forum for this type of topic like people conflict or something.

I would go ahead and talk to the boss myself after many attempts to contact the audiologist. If there is a customer service line for the hospital or office you are using by all means use CS resources.

If the CS is crappy then I would think about finding another audiologist that ensures your needs.

I use customer service. I can't reach my audiologist directly. I give them the message, and they just seem to act like--they'll give them the message, but they don't get a little personal on my problem to try to reach her. It's like they separate themselves from my needs to reach the audiologist because they probably can't do much else..

I'd really like to avoid the relationship from going sour if I contact her boss. Contacting a boss never seem to do a good thing from my experience. I am never the problem when I contact the boss if it's something that I have a right to.

Its different over here we just turn up take a ticket and wait your turn There are two or three of them on duty and they supply you with what ever you need .But you never know who you are going to see

No, this is not what we have at all. Normally, what you describe sounds more like the billing department. The hospital I go to have their own department, which is the audiology department. It's not that busy that I have to wait. I don't think they really have access to my files for audiograms or order supplies. Sigh. The audiologists do this. She did not respond today either after leaving a the second phone message yesterday to the rep. She was usually responsive by the next day, so I don't understand why she's ignoring me. If she isn't, what else could it be? She knew she had to order my supply, and she said so back in August or early September, then it turned to weeks that I hadn't heard from her.

Also, it's almost an hour of driving..45 minutes, depends on traffic. I really don't like going there, but only for necessary appointments. What she does can be done easily by mail.

Hi Clearsky, I really feel your frustration & you have every right to feel that you should get better service.You must go & see her & tell her your concerns face to face.Don't email her telling her how you feel cause it's more personal face to face & she may not realise she is affecting you with her lack of professionalism.It is stressful enough going through life as a HOH or Deaf person without people who are in that profession giving you a lack of respect & care,they should be on top of it & give you the service you NEED & DESERVE!! Take charge & get in there & sort it out & then life should be sweet :)
Ange.

I had to complain to the head of audiology. I do not know what the problem is. Before I complained, she only sent me the audiogram and an OLD registration form, then she never sent me my supplies. I had to complain. When I did, I receive the WRONG ORDER yesterday. I got so pissed. I was fuming (sp?). She also is missing the report where it explains my programings. She's supposed to give a report of what happened that day. I am gonna give a few days on this one. I e-mailed the adiology explaining the wrong order with a carbon copy to the head of audiology. I don't know what is so wrong with her. I am sure she knows how rude she's being. No one can be stupid not to realize that 4 months of no response when she is getting my e-mails and messages that they are being rude. She has yet to apologize to me for making me wait months for something that takes days to do! I wonder how our relationship will do from now on, you know? I have no clue for the reasons on her disorganized service.

A loud sob scene would do the trick. They'd do anything to get you to stop crying out loud in front of their offices/shops. And if theyre true hicks they'd even call the security guy on u.

Richard

the jury duty excuse could be legitimate....you are on jury duty till the trial is over some trials can take months althought this is rare it can happen. you said you never had a problem before so maybe the jury duty excuse is legitimate

the jury duty excuse could be legitimate....you are on jury duty till the trial is over some trials can take months althought this is rare it can happen. you said you never had a problem before so maybe the jury duty excuse is legitimate

yeah espeshily if it is one of those triles ware thay cant watch the news or talk to people with out supervisoin to makeshure thay don't talk about the trial, the her office could be a mess with out her.
If i were in your situation I would write a letter, detailing how you have tried to contact her and other that could help , in your letter talk about how in the past you have realy like the service talk about how you would like to stay with them , then give kind sugestions on how thay can make you happy, like send you the neaded documents, mabee give you a free battary for your trouble or a discount , sugest ways you can help if a situation like this comes up again in the futuer ( thay will eat that up)
make shure that all the gramer and spelling is good so it's easy to read and thay should respond
this type of letter is ment to make them get moving , it's an arguement essentialy but when thay see it thay don't realize it because you give them praize , I just had a lecture in english class on this topic it realy chages thay way I complain now. if you nead help with this I can try i can even sed you some scans of the exaples in my text book
I hope that this gets resulved for you soon.

I would try to walk in and ask what is going on, and also try to call next up and if nothing still happens, then request a new doc

The audiologist was not on jury duty that long. She was about a week or two on jury duty. Customer Service always tells you if they are in the office that day, week or whatever. They always tell you, so she was not on jury duty the next time I called. They have several audiologist in the hospital. She's not the only one there, so they are not a mess without her. It's a very modern hospital.

I already wrote to the head of audiologist. She sent in two batteries instead of the wallets to carry them, which she I emphasized several times. Anyway, so I told her with CC e-mail to the head telling her the wrong order she got me. I now have to return it, but thank God the company is paying for it to be sent back.

I asked her again if she's going to send me my other papers. She hasn't replied since last Friday. This person used to reply often. She has yet to apologize for her lousy service. I am thinking of changing because I know for a fact that she has no excuse for her way. It's not normal. I just wish I knew exactly why she's been ignoring me for months until I had to report her to her boss.

Back