Unpleasant noises in the processor Nucleus 5

overthepond thank you for an explanation.
The T-coil is not a problem. It was tested.
September 6th, I was setting the processor from activation in July.
Audiologist solved the problem. By reducing the threshold level T (starting to hear).
This problem was solved only temporarily! The second day was growling in the Processor back!
I solved it by reducing the sensitivity of the microphone from the middle - the optimal threshold, which is 12 to level 4 Every day a step or two because they decrease the next day restores growl.

I have no spare processor. I am a novice implant.

Next I reset the processor arranged for September 20!

The audiologist will need to solve the problem as follows:
Would it be possible to reduce the levels of thresholds T (starting to hear) and C (medium volume) and thus would growl again declined
but it can be done only when adjusting the adjustment software.

But there are other factors that act to decrease the volume of sound stimuli:
a) decreases the resistance of electrodes in the cochlea and thus also decreases the volume and level of perception (T, C) must be increased
b) your head is getting used to the sounds of her time and what was loud suits

posts from hell

Yeah, but there I am writing that in case the problem of internal implant is switched off! That's not my případ.Procesor works but is annoying there vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The head of it hurts :-(

Audiologist changed the date. Other settings will be 19th September in the presence of another audiologist - all leading audiologist sets the CI in the country Czech Republic. I'm curious how this happens.
Then I write here in the forum. He let it growl in the processor away!

We'll see where the problem is. Whether the processor, or setting processor, or an internal implant.

hope they wil find where the problem is and will make your head hurt less. :(
please keep us posted when you see them soon for your appointment.

So what was the problem in a growl? Here is one possible answer.
I was on setting processor today. Audiologist did NRT measurements - Neural Response Telemetry (measuring the response of auditory nerve)

Here is a more accurate explanation - Nucleus ® 3 system provides the nerve response telemetry (NRT). NRT is a quick and non-invasive means of electrically evoked recording compound action potential (ECAP) - used to measure the activities of the auditory nerve in CI users. In Switzerland, was in 1995 in collaboration with Cochlear NRT developed software. The first NRT responses were recorded by the Nucleus 24 implant in 1996. NRT allows the surgical team that during the implantation assured that corresponds to the auditory nerve stimulation. In this testing is to implant electrodes sent an electric stimulus and response is recorded auditory nerve fibers surrounding (Cochlear Ltd., 2002).

It is used in small children and uncooperative patients. I have about a uncooperative auditory nerve must learn to work with the acoustic stimuli.

Just as there was a growl, the auditory nerve response that he does not like something. So I explained it in layman's tuning audiologist.
The auditory nerve was saturated, overloaded sound stimuli.

I just made a completely new map as measured computer. The map is not entirely accurate, it will be a long haul. But it is now o.k. Processor do not cry, unpleasant growl is gone! Which is most important! I suppresses ambient noises disturbing, that auditory nerve was not provoked. Setting will be gradually.
I have a test next time and say which program suits me and it will continue to edit.

Last edited:
So what was the problem in a growl? Here is one possible answer.
I was on setting processor today. Audiologist did NRT measurements - Neural Response Telemetry (measuring the response of auditory nerve)

Here is a more accurate explanation - Nucleus ® 3 system provides the nerve response telemetry (NRT). NRT is a quick and non-invasive means of electrically evoked recording compound action potential (ECAP) - used to measure the activities of the auditory nerve in CI users. In Switzerland, was in 1995 in collaboration with Cochlear NRT developed software. The first NRT responses were recorded by the Nucleus 24 implant in 1996. NRT allows the surgical team that during the implantation assured that corresponds to the auditory nerve stimulation. In this testing is to implant electrodes sent an electric stimulus and response is recorded auditory nerve fibers surrounding (Cochlear Ltd., 2002).

It is used in small children and uncooperative patients. I have about a uncooperative auditory nerve must learn to work with the acoustic stimuli.

Just as there was a growl, the auditory nerve response that he does not like something. So I explained it in layman's tuning audiologist.
The auditory nerve was saturated, overloaded sound stimuli.

I just made a completely new map as measured computer. The map is not entirely accurate, it will be a long haul. But it is now o.k. Processor do not cry, unpleasant growl is gone! Which is most important! I suppresses ambient noises disturbing, that auditory nerve was not provoked. Setting will be gradually.
I have a test next time and say which program suits me and it will continue to edit.
Glad that was the problem, hope it works out

Back