University of Michigan Student!

ascoles5

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just found this site and would like to say hi and see what cool things I can learn. I am hearing, and have great interest in Deaf culture and ASL, and would love any opportunity possible to learn more ASL and to meet Deaf people to sign with. So say hi!

Thanks!!!
-Tony

That's funny, you probably know a few of my friends...Welcome to the site, good luck. Already added you. :) What level are you at now? Have you taken a class, or teaching yourself?

I have taken 3 semesters total but it has been about a year since I had to use my ASL :(. Although I have successfully taught my friends to fingerspell so they dont talk during movies lol.... I recently had a customer at work that was Deaf and now I am going to drive myself to get fluent ASAP!!

My friends aren't interested unfortunately, but to each their own. I'm the worst fingerspeller (and fingerspelling reader) on the planet...but I pick up and remember signs pretty easily. I also had a deaf client, and at the time I had stopped studying entirely and couldn't communicate with her at all, it made me feel pretty bad. But yeah. I'm teaching myself, and learning from other students and such.

Are you free to practice anytime today?

Sorry for the late response cayisforgetful! I had to go work! I would love to practice sometime. Though I am learning as well!

I was on U of Michigan campus in October. I went to the football game where U of Michigan kicked Minnesota 58-0 last year. I went with my girlfriend, her Mom, and one sister. It was my first time ever on the campus. I had a great time!! Nice to meet more U of Michigan people.

Hey! I am also a U of M student, and just learning to sign. I'm not very good at all, or know very much, but i'd love to practice with other people!

Welcome Tony,

I am a University of Michigan alumnus. I learned about Deaf Culture and ASL at U of M. Is Paula Berwanger still teaching?

Angela

Back