Um, A Problem with a Cartoon

yizuman

Reaction score
Woody of GU Comics, who creates comics regarding gaming humor and I came across this that I think is going a bit too far....make note about the hearing-aid part.

gu_20100326.jpg

Source: http://gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20100326

Forum Discussion Regarding the Comic: http://www.guforums.com/showthread.php?t=14715

What do you think?

Yiz

Well, I was a bit indifferent to that. I didn't offend me, but I would see why some people would be. It just made me touch my ha and sort of chuckle. I don't think it's a comic for everyone, but I guess some people would find it humorous.

:rofl:

Seen some of those around here!

Found it to be funny. No offense taken. The comic is not making fun of deaf people. It is making fun of forum trolls.

Last edited:
When it comes to deaf/HoH stereotyping, misrepresentation, etc. I am definitely one of the more sensitive ones around here, and this didn't bother me at all.

It's no more a comment on deaf people as it is on people who wear knee braces or people with green eyes.

Pretty funny, really.

When it comes to deaf/HoH stereotyping, misrepresentation, etc. I am definitely one of the more sensitive ones around here, and this didn't bother me at all.

It's no more a comment on deaf people as it is on people who wear knee braces or people with green eyes.

Pretty funny, really.

Yeah, well, I am sensitive too. I'm sure a lot of us have gone through teasing from kids who were, at the time, unfamiliar with something that they see outside of the mainstream society of kids.

As I got older, I grew out my hair to hide my hearing-aids because the teasing made me self conscience of my deafness.

But today, it's not that much of a big deal, although the "damage" is still there and I can't help but feel sensitive from time to time.

Yiz

Well, i can't say i find it funny, maybe that just me :dunno:
But I certnainly did nt take ofence to anything there

No offense taken here, just in my opionion, Not really funny.

Hearing Aid: Forum trolls are deaf to anything but their own bullshit.

It says to me that Forum trolls will not listen to anything but their own words.

for example: Selective hearing.

so-so

I can understand why some people might find it CULTURALLY offensive, but it really doesn't offend me. I don't take it PERSONALLY or anything.

Hearing Aid: Forum trolls are deaf to anything but their own bullshit.

It says to me that Forum trolls will not listen to anything but their own words.

for example: Selective hearing.

Or selective reading.

Yiz

Not offensive but also not funny. The guys at my house would probably find it amusing.

I can understand why some people might find it CULTURALLY offensive, but it really doesn't offend me. I don't take it PERSONALLY or anything.

I'm not offended by it either. I find it mildly funny.

Definitly subjective on a forum like this! But I don't have too much of an issue w/ it, nor did I even get quick giggle out of it.

-charles

Back