TV Loop and/or Portable Induction Loop

K

kevmarshall

My aged Mother in Law:rl: is hard of hearing and has an aid with a T on it.

She has problems hearing her TV so I am looking for a good quality, simple to use TV Loop for her in the home.

She also has problems with conversations in company when she goes out for meals etc.

I am also looking for a portable/rechargeable induction loop to help with this.

The portable one would need to pick up conversation from say, 4 to 6 people around a dining table.

I have found several on the Internet (Soundshuttle & Signet PL1 ) but I would like to hear opinions, recommendations or warnings from those who use them.

Thanks in advance.

Kev

My aged Mother in Law:rl: is hard of hearing and has an aid with a T on it.

She has problems hearing her TV so I am looking for a good quality, simple to use TV Loop for her in the home.

She also has problems with conversations in company when she goes out for meals etc.

I am also looking for a portable/rechargeable induction loop to help with this.

The portable one would need to pick up conversation from say, 4 to 6 people around a dining table.

I have found several on the Internet (Soundshuttle & Signet PL1 ) but I would like to hear opinions, recommendations or warnings from those who use them.

Thanks in advance.

Kev

I bought the micro loop II for my TV. I just installed it yesterday and I am having problems picking up a clear signal, when I put the loop wire close to my hearing aid with the TCOIL program on I hear the TV VERY well so I know the product works, I just have to install the wire better.

As for a portable device, I posted a thread asking questions about the comfort contego. Nobody has responded so I figure not many know about it. THe device is really expensive but from the few testimonials I have read it appears to be a very good device. I am strongly considering making the plunge, I just wish there was more message board info on the device rather than testimonials off the companies website. BUt if they have a 30 day money back guarantee i have nothing to lose I guess.

If you are looking for a cheaper, portable device take a look at the wireless loop clipboard.

I bought the micro loop II for my TV. I just installed it yesterday and I am having problems picking up a clear signal, when I put the loop wire close to my hearing aid with the TCOIL program on I hear the TV VERY well so I know the product works, I just have to install the wire better.

As for a portable device, I posted a thread asking questions about the comfort contego. Nobody has responded so I figure not many know about it. THe device is really expensive but from the few testimonials I have read it appears to be a very good device. I am strongly considering making the plunge, I just wish there was more message board info on the device rather than testimonials off the companies website. BUt if they have a 30 day money back guarantee i have nothing to lose I guess.

If you are looking for a cheaper, portable device take a look at the wireless loop clipboard.

Thanks Lou.

The Comfort Contego is too expensive and I don't think the Clipboard loop would do the job around a dining table somehow.

I am looking into the IL-PL20 from Contacta. Possibly with an added boundary mic as the unit is perhaps a bit big to sit on the table.

Thanks Lou.

The Comfort Contego is too expensive and I don't think the Clipboard loop would do the job around a dining table somehow.

I am looking into the IL-PL20 from Contacta. Possibly with an added boundary mic as the unit is perhaps a bit big to sit on the table.

Yea I saw that too, doesnt seem very convenient for carrying around though. If I get a money back guarantee on the contego ill give it a shot, throw it on the plastic and pay for it little by little lol.

Let me know which route you take and the results you receive.

Good Luck.

I got the comfort contego this week. Only used it for two days; Thus far in quite environments in close proximity to people it is helping a great deal. A guy at work who I normally have trouble hearing because he has a soft voice was in my office yesterday and I pretty much heard every word.

The key is to get the transmitter as close to the person as possible, but you dont want to go sticking it in people's faces either. If you hand the transmitter to somebody they can be pretty far away from you and you'll hear fine. Pretty cool that I gave the transmitter to someone and he walked outside of our office, closed the door, went into the next office and I was able to hear him (it's an FM system; like a more sophisticated, clearer, walkie talkie). But handing it to someone is not always practical either.

I am not quite sure how the device will work in noisy environments, I tried to use it in the mall yesterday and it seemed to pick up the surrounding noise a lot making it very irritating. But I still have to play around with the volumes and channels.

The devices look very cool too. Not nearly as big as I thought. I thought they would be the size of a blackberry but they look like IPODs. Everybody at work thought they were cool.

So the summarize, I still have a lot of testing to do with the unit but so far it has been a help in what I mainly purchased it for (work).

I recently installed a Micro Loop II system in my den. I had my floors redone, so it was a good time to install it. I am very pleased with it when watching news shows and sports. I still use CC with it to view some programs and nearly all DVDs.

Back