Turning off the compression!!!!

jmrocks

Reaction score
This is very frustrating when your audiologist wont turn off all of the compression due to FDA. I paid for the aid and its my ear. I have been wearing a analog since I was 4 and now am 46 and I dont like the way it sounds. When it compressed, it shuts out the background noises. I want to hear everything just like the analog. My analog on its leg and I dont want to go thru what I did 7 years ago, stayed in my room for 3 months and lost so much weight and literally throwing up everyday. My analog went out on me and I panic and without the aid, I cant function in the hearing world and I have 4 boys to raise.

There must be a way to have it turned off, I went to him and I noticed he turn off all but one and that was the voice and he told me he cant cuz of FDA. The company can get sued. I want that program so I can go in there and turn it off myself.

Please if you know of anyone who does this please let me know. I just cant go any longer with this. I live in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Thanks!

This is very frustrating when your audiologist wont turn off all of the compression due to FDA. I paid for the aid and its my ear. I have been wearing a analog since I was 4 and now am 46 and I dont like the way it sounds. When it compressed, it shuts out the background noises. I want to hear everything just like the analog. My analog on its leg and I dont want to go thru what I did 7 years ago, stayed in my room for 3 months and lost so much weight and literally throwing up everyday. My analog went out on me and I panic and without the aid, I cant function in the hearing world and I have 4 boys to raise.

There must be a way to have it turned off, I went to him and I noticed he turn off all but one and that was the voice and he told me he cant cuz of FDA. The company can get sued. I want that program so I can go in there and turn it off myself.

Please if you know of anyone who does this please let me know. I just cant go any longer with this. I live in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Thanks!

Sounds fishy to me. My audi lets me choose what kind of programs I want.

You can still buy new analog hearing aids...I found a new one for my wife, and it works awesome. PM me if you want details.

interesting! my girlfriend is the same as you if it happens then she needs to stay home and in bed for a few weeks. She does throw up too. I didnt realize out there are the same experiences as my friend. wow. hope someone can help you about it. I will tell her about your experiences.

oh man, same here with my old hearing aids before I switched to another pair since I needed stronger aids :)

Back