tuesday's presidential inauguration

don't let my love of learning and sense of curiosity fool you. <giggle>

...and yes, you were wrong. <laugh>

I stand corrected. <wink>

So where you headed tonight? <grin>

hey there, jiro! it was delicious! i had lasagna. my favorite! :D

dammit it's gone!? :mad2:

on that note - i just ordered papa john pizza. it's here. on nom nom nom. oh btw - it's a vegetarian pizza.. Garden Fresh :cool2:

I plan on staying in front of my tv all day tomorrow so I don't miss a thing. I do have to leave to take my kids to and from school but other then that I'll be watching. I have NEVER been into the whole policital thing but this is history and when my kids learn it in school later I will be able to help them with home work. I actually started a scrap book tonight for the newspaper articles

I plan on staying in front of my tv all day tomorrow so I don't miss a thing. I do have to leave to take my kids to and from school but other then that I'll be watching. I have NEVER been into the whole policital thing but this is history and when my kids learn it in school later I will be able to help them with home work. I actually started a scrap book tonight for the newspaper articles

Yep...I will be switching between stations all day. And this is a momentous historical event. That's cool that you started a scapbook. I saved the obama sign from my front yard, and have several pics of the rally I attended, but haven't thought to save all the articles.

"I could stand here and recite the long list of John's bipartisan accomplishments ..." Obama said.

"Campaign finance reform. Immigration. The Patients' Bill of Rights. All those times he has crossed the aisle and risked the ire of his party for the good of his country. And yet, what makes John such a rare and courageous public servant is not the accomplishments themselves, but the true motivation behind them."

McCain returned the gracious feelings at the dinner.

"I am very grateful to the president-elect and to all of you for this very considerate gesture, and for allowing me to play a small role in the inauguration of the 44th president of the United States, even if it isn't the one I had in mind a few months ago," McCain said.

oh I love such a good spirit. :cool2:

Yep...I will be switching between stations all day. And this is a momentous historical event. That's cool that you started a scapbook. I saved the obama sign from my front yard, and have several pics of the rally I attended, but haven't thought to save all the articles.

i have digital cable and will definitely be alternating between stations (with the exception of fox) to watch the inauguration. i can't believe it!!! only a few more hours before obama is finally president!!! it's amazing that i'm actually a part of history!!! i'm *never* going to forget this day -- never. :D

I will not be at home to watch it on TV unfortunately. I would like to watch it online, but alas, I doubt there are captioning or subtitles. I wonder if they'd ever hire an interpreter to be on the stage that we can watch for ourselves. Ah, well.

i wish i could record tomorrow's inauguration, but i can't because my vcr isn't hooked up to my new HDTV. i'm bummed. :(

i wish i could record tomorrow's inauguration, but i can't because my vcr isn't hooked up to my new HDTV. i'm bummed. :(

ask your BF/neighbor/sister to hook it up! it's very easy! only 2-3 wires.

I doubt either I will watch on TV because it will be begin by 5 pm tonight. I cook for family evening meal... and then eat together... clean the mess .... until 6.30 pm... then watch on TV... :dunno:

Anyway, I think $150 million inauguration is no good idea because of this bad economy but like what Reba said at 4 years ago (read the link, Reba provided in her post) that this money comes from donation.

I wish him best of good luck to the president of the USA.

Inauguration in ASL Online.

If you unable to watch Inauguration on TV at home, You can watch live webcast with CC at your office or other place.

NAD Advocacy - Inauguration in ASL Online
Tue, January 20, 2009 - 2:26:01

BISVRS will provide a free, live webcast of an ASL interpretation of Barack Obama’s inauguration ceremony and speech on Tuesday, January 20, 2009.

For instructions on how to connect to the ASL webcast, go to Welcome to Birnbaum Interpreting Services.

BISVRS recommends connecting at 11:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) to ensure a proper connection.

You can watch the Inauguration on TV with closed captions, and ASL interpretation on your computer. Or you can open a second browser to watch a live webcast of the Inauguration on your computer with closed captions at Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies.

Thank you, BISVRS, for making this ASL webcast of the Inauguration possible.

I'll be watching it as much as I can before I leave to see my doctor at 1 today. Right now I'm drafting a letter to the President and I'll post it when I'm done. I don't think he'll ever read it but I figure I'd share it anyway.

Back