Try climbing

dogmom

Reaction score
tonight I tried something new - rock climbing! REI Store had a "try-it" talk and climb and I went. I am so happy I tried it and it was great! Wanna go again. I climbed twice. For me, it's an accomplishment as this is coming from someone who did HORRIBLE in gym and I have issues with spatial orientation and other stuff related to the LD...am also a small person without much hand-strength, but made it to top once and then second time, I was on a side with mostly cracks in the face, as opposed to toe holds and I almost made it to top but my hands and arms quit...oh well, I really feel like I achieved something.
:ty:for reading, anyone:)

Great! It is wonderful when you try new challenges and succeed! :)

Great job!!! Wish I could do something like that. You are to be commended for trying and succeeding!!

I did a bit of this some years ago outdoors around here. It is called "clean" climbing because there's nothing technical about it...meaning no ropes, pitons, etc....

I love indoor climbing, i better warn you that after first few sessions the hands hurts like hell!! I haven't done any climbing for long time, I think I'll get back to it if i find a partner to belay.

Good for you! I was just thinking today how I miss taking small hikes at a park here. The trails have gotten wash away and now are too steep and rocky for my poor balance. You should be proud of yourself!

Good job!! You SHOULD feel accomplished :)

I joke that I like rock climbing because no matter where I feel the floor should be (balance/vertigo) I just cling like hell to the wall in front of me. hahahaha

Every time you climb it feels easier. You build calluses on your hands from the traction of the rocks and strength in your arms each time. Keep at it!

Back