On "Today" show this morning, Charla Nash's twin brother
talked about her extensive injuries that was so devastating
even her own daughter was so shocked by it. The injuries
that she suffered were, her hands, her eyes which she could
be blind, brain damage.
She will need several surgeries in the future, thats why the
family is setting up a trust to help with expenses. They are
considering a lawsuit too.
I dont know if any of you seen this show this morning?

Oh my dear... :(

Did you know who will cover the healthcare cost for her severe surgeries? The description of her severe injuries sound that she need a lot of surgeries... which would cost healthcare a lot of money...

I believe that the family of chimp´s victim would file the lawsuit against chimp´s owner for neglect her responsiblity.

Oh my dear... :(

Did you know who will cover the healthcare cost for her severe surgeries? The description of her severe injuries sound that she need a lot of surgeries... which would cost healthcare a lot of money...

I believe that the family of chimp´s victim would file the lawsuit against chimp´s owner for neglect her responsiblity.

I believe chimp's family will pay for it... Isn't the owner a millionaire?

Victim of Chimp Attack Clinging to Life

By JOHN CHRISTOFFERSEN
Associated Press Writer

Published: Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 1:29 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 1:35 p.m.
NEW HAVEN, Conn. | A Connecticut woman savagely attacked by a chimpanzee is fighting for her life, but her family isn’t about to give up on a woman so tough she competed on the rodeo circuit and once drove herself to the hospital to give birth.

Charla Nash lost her hands, nose, lips and eyelids in the Feb. 16 attack, the Cleveland Clinic said Wednesday. She may be blind and brain damaged, and her injuries are so severe hospital officials say it’s still unclear if she can recover at all.

“She’s tough,” her brother, Stephen Nash, told The Associated Press on Wednesday. “I’m optimistic. I think she can do it.”

The chimp’s owner had asked Charla Nash, her friend and employee, to come to her home the day of the attack to help lure the animal named Travis back into her house. The owner, Sandra Herold, has speculated that the chimp was trying to protect her and attacked Nash because she had changed her hairstyle, was driving a different car and was holding a stuffed toy in front of her face to get Travis’ attention.

The 200-pound chimp, which starred in television commercials when it was younger, later was shot and killed by police. They are still deciding whether Herold, of Stamford, will face criminal charges. Herold’s attorney, Joe Gerardi, declined to comment Wednesday.

Nash, who is 55 and grew up in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., left home as a teenager and wound up competing around the country in the rodeo, racing horses around barrels, Stephen Nash said. She was strong enough to hitch the horse trailer to her truck on her own, he said.

“She loved it,” Stephen Nash said. “She loved horses.”

When her only daughter was born 17 years ago, Charla Nash drove herself about five miles to the hospital, her brother said.

Nash’s first name actually was Francine, but one day she came home and declared herself Charley, later changing it to Charla, Stephen Nash said. He’s not sure where she got the name, but said she may have picked it up on the rodeo circuit.

He described his sister as strong-willed and independent. She cared for horses, was a dispatcher for Herold’s tow truck business and collected bottles to help pay her bills, Stephen Nash said. She had little money but was generous with others, working at a shelter for abused women and helping neighbors with their gardens and groceries, he said.

Charla Nash talked only a little about the chimp in the past, Stephen Nash said.

The animal was kept in a cage but once escaped, he recalled her saying.

“All I know is zoos have cautionary methods when they have these types of animals,” Stephen Nash said. “I don’t know why the rules aren’t the same for private individuals.”

The Cleveland Clinic released a statement saying Nash’s wounds have been stabilized, but “critical issues still remain related to a significant traumatic brain injury and injuries to her eyes that threaten her vision.” Neurosurgeons and ophthalmologists are working to evaluate and manage her injuries, but “the full extent of these injuries and her potential for recovery, if any, remain unclear at this time,” the hospital said.

Charla Nash remains sedated in the hospital, which performed the nation’s first face transplant in December. Hospital officials say it’s too early to know if she will be a candidate for a face transplant.

Another brother, Michael Nash, said he hoped his sister would receive a face transplant.

Michael Nash said his sister can respond to commands such as to move her toes. He called her ordeal a “nightmare.”

“My sister was so special,” Michael Nash said. “She was a great mother. She was so focused with her daughter’s education.”

The Nash family and hospital officials said they are grateful to those across the country who have been concerned about Nash’s recovery. The family has established a Web site, Charla Nash Trust, to accept donations to pay for her care.
“She’s a fighter,” Michael Nash said. “She’s in the best place in the world.”

Victim of Chimp Attack Clinging to Life | theledger.com | The Ledger | Lakeland, FL

I doubt she is rich well maybe alittle rich but not that rich ...thou I really wonder how she did get the chimp thou of course they are VERY expensive. She live in some kind of a big house with afew cars around it as its like she lives near the woods or something I dunno but it looks kind of ugly like a junk yard or something since I saw it from the video where it showed the scene outside of her home. You may see what I mean.

Hmmm...seems like she may be able to make it after all.

Myabe, maybe not. They aren't making a guess either way. But the longer she stays in critical condition, the less chance there is of her surviving long term.

Evidently, the owner of the chimp is not liable for her medical bills, as the family is taking donations to pay for medical care. I would imagine that the victim would have to sue the owner to get reimbursed for those medical bills.

Nash may have gotten brain damage due to the loss of blood at the scene when she was attacked...since her jaw was ripped off, I wonder if they were able to connect it back in and having her able to chew food but her jaw proably isnt healed enough so may have to eat food thru a straw.

Police believed the drug may have gave Travis "side effects" causing him to go on a rampage...so it seems pretty much possible that it was the drug then.

ABC News: Chimp Attack Victim Could be Candidate For Face Transplant

Several episodes of BJ and the Bear with Greg Evigan and a chimp were filmed here. The trainer of the chimp said he would not work with a chimp over 3 years old because after that they start asserting themselves in ways that make them difficult to control.

If you look back at the evloutionary chart where apes turns to men...surely most apes are stronger than men but there are somethings that they cant do as we do and it is swimming underwater. They are afraid of water. Some can swim on the surface of the water but underwater? very doubtful.

We lose hair as we evlove, making us become cooler and the ablity to sweat as a way to cool down our bodies and such...so apes still have fur for their reasons...to protect their bodies from the sun and such. our bodies change alot as we evolve, obviously. We may have lost alot of things as we evolve such as our brute strenght, carine teeth, and 4 sets of hands but what really makes up for us humans is our highly developed brains. So...the smarter we get, the more deadly we get. So...in every evloution for every animal, its always the evolved animal that gets smarter. Look at the difference between a donkey and a horse...certainly a horse can be smarter than a donkey.

If you look back at the evloutionary chart where apes turns to men...surely most apes are stronger than men but there are somethings that they cant do as we do and it is swimming underwater. They are afraid of water. Some can swim on the surface of the water but underwater? very doubtful.

We lose hair as we evlove, making us become cooler and the ablity to sweat as a way to cool down our bodies and such...so apes still have fur for their reasons...to protect their bodies from the sun and such. our bodies change alot as we evolve, obviously. We may have lost alot of things as we evolve such as our brute strenght, carine teeth, and 4 sets of hands but what really makes up for us humans is our highly developed brains. So...the smarter we get, the more deadly we get. So...in every evloution for every animal, its always the evolved animal that gets smarter. Look at the difference between a donkey and a horse...certainly a horse can be smarter than a donkey.

lol an ass (donkey) <braying> just FYI - the evolution does not select a certain species to be smarter than others. It's the humans who stereotyped donkey as a dumb ass.

Back