Trainman at this station

Lets all travel to New Zealand

A nice video for you all

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZeC9KVsMRw]The Islands of New Zealand (with Closed Caption) - YouTube[/ame]

I guess no one is watching my posts so I will stop for awhile

Sorry, my posts are not being watched so I will stop for now :shock:

I get no feed backs so I'm wasting my time posting.

Catch you all at the station.

Be good,be happy,laugh a lot too.

Trainman Toot Toot :wave:

Sorry, my posts are not being watched so I will stop for now :shock:

I get no feed backs so I'm wasting my time posting.

Catch you all at the station.

Be good,be happy,laugh a lot too.

Trainman Toot Toot :wave:

Your posts are very much appreciated!

Please keep them coming!

Best wishes, Nate :D

What topics are you interested in please let me know.

:welcome: everyone to the station.

We want you to enjoy different things of interest to you.

Ask and I will find and put it in closed caption if I can.:roll:

Ok I will continue on, but you must tell me what topics you are interested in.

Remember I am :deaf:

Trainman

In 1862 during Civil War, "Andrew Raiders" from the Unions stole the Confederate train and try to destroy bridges and tracks as to try to break up Confederate. In the end, they failed and captured, for their actions the Unions soldiers became the first people to be awarded the Medal of Honor.

Paintings of the chase of both Confederate trains, the union leading with the Confederate soldiers in the background chasing in reverse.

The General at a museum in Georgia.

More historical info: homepage

America train

The great American train ride.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuK1mQF-f_o]Amtrak: The First 40 Years - Closed Captions - YouTube[/ame]

Going back in time for some

Some remember this one others do now :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP4iSw-ud3c]Popeye | Fright to the Finish with Closed Captions and Audio Description - YouTube[/ame]

Laugh a little and keep smiling.

Train

Do hope this helps someone in need of it to understand Life.

Bereavement: A life Passage

People need this to understand about the sorrows of losing a spouse

“The presence of that absence is everywhere.”

“Becoming widowed is surely among life’s most traumatic events. The sorrow of losing a spouse is unique in the human experience; gone is a partner and lover, helpmate and adviser. The fact that death can be anticipated - when it occurs at an advanced age or after a long illness - makes bereavement no less painful.”
Widowhood can happen to both men and women at any age, but because women generally live longer than men, 80% of the 1.5 million widowed people in Canada are women. The lifestyles of widows and widowers is also different. Women are more likely than men to have a large peer group for social and emotional support. They also tend to have closer ties with their children, especially daughters.
Bereavement experiences vary widely. Adjusting to widowhood usually involves an initial period of shock and numbness, then a time when pressing practical matters are a priority. Working through the grief process may take two years or more, while redefining an individual and social identity and settling into a new way of life often takes a few years longer.

What is ‘normal’ grief? “The long sobs of the violins of autumn pierce my heart.” Grief is the human response to significant loss. Grief does not follow a fixed timetable or list of symptoms. Normal feelings include shock, numbness, sadness, anger, remorse, resentment, guilt. You may hear the voice of the person who died, have flashbacks to the funeral or to moments before the death, or think you see the person on the street. Difficulty concentrating and remembering is common, as are irrational thoughts and changes in sleep patterns and appetite.

This severe emotional distress may take months to dissipate. Then, periods of feeling better may be interrupted by renewed sadness. Even when things seem to be getting back to normal, the heartache may return when you realize that the new ‘normal’ is not the same as the old ‘normal’ - the death of a long-time partner changes things forever.

For some, bereavement starts before death. Learning that a spouse has a terminal illness or dementia often prompts anticipatory grief. When death comes, the bereaved person may feel relief, sometimes accompanied by guilt or remorse about the quality or source of care the spouse received before death.

Consequences and adjustments: Not only do men and women have different chances of being widowed, some studies suggest they also experience bereavement and adjust to widow(er)hood differently. “She cries, he sighs” is how one counsellor sums up differences in male and female grieving patterns. The disparities arise from social expectations: it is acceptable for women, but not for men, to cry and express grief openly, which helps them work through and get beyond grief.
As if grief is not enough to deal with, death precipitates dozens of chores - settling the estate, applying for death benefits, filing insurance claims and tax returns, notifying various authorities. Then there are decisions about where to live and with whom, how to handle new responsibilities and, for many women, how to live on a lower income.

Planning and information gathering can ease the adjustment process for the surviving spouse, at least as far as practical matters are concerned - i.e. making a will, preparing a personal record listing the locations of important documents, making funeral arrangements, etc. Planning may not allay the emotional impact, but it can help avoid compounding grief by reducing the number of decisions needed at a time when decision-making is hard. Spouses can also plan financially to enable the surviving spouse to afford the preferred living arrangement.

Staying healthy and independent Living arrangements are often crucial to the surviving spouse’s ability to remain healthy and independent. We do know that health is jeopardized if living alone leads to social isolation, loneliness, and depression. The choice of living arrangements also influences the social networks and activities in which a widow(er) can participate. The social supports that underpin seniors’ general health and well-being - family, friends, clubs, volunteer activities, services, self-help groups - take on added significance when seniors are bereaved, particularly if children and other close relatives (especially siblings) live far away.

Long-term adjustment to widowhood involves profound change. With hard work and appropriate support, the transition is possible and eventually even enjoyable. Life seldom closes a door without opening a window - an opportunity for growth and independence, a chance to pursue new interests, to make new friends, to acquire new skills in decision-making and managing their lives. Widowhood can be not the end, but the beginning of another stage of life’s infinitely varied journey.

“What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes part of us.”

Travel to space

Enjoy the space ride :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvHWorWecoo]Sts-132: Space Shuttle Atlantis LAUNCH ( 14 may 2010 ) Closed-Captions - YouTube[/ame]

:wave:

A train ride for all of you.

Watch your feet in this one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4qttp6nDts&gl=FR&hl=fr]Bamboo Railway - Cambodia - YouTube[/ame]

enjoy

laugh at the flu shot

FLU SEASON

To avoid it...
Eat right!
Make sure you get your daily dose of fruit and veggies.

Take your vitamins and bump up your vitamin C.

Get plenty of exercise because it builds your immune system.

Walk for at least an hour a day,
go for a swim,

take the stairs instead of the lift, etc.

Wash your hands often.
If you can't, keep a bottle of antibacterial stuff around.

Get lots of fresh air.
Open doors & windows whenever possible.

Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can.

Get plenty of rest.

OR
Take the doctor's approach.
Think about it...
When you go for a flu jab, what do they do first?

They clean your arm with alcohol...

Why?

Because Alcohol KILLS GERMS.
So...

I walk to the pub. (exercise)

I put lime in my vodka...(fruit)

Celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies)

Drink outdoors on the patio..(fresh air)

Tell jokes and laugh....(eliminate stress)

Then I pass out. (rest)

The way I see it...

If you keep your alcohol levels up,
flu germs can't get you!
REMEMBER:
'A shot in the glass
is better than one in the ass!'

Ok lets here from you all please

I really do not know if anyone is reading my posts. If you are and like what them send us a hello .

Trainman

I don't think Trainman is looking down on anyone. Seems like a very nice person who wants to share things he feels others would like. I like reading quite a few of his posts and seems other do too. You can always just ignore him if it bothers you that much.

"Looking down on us".......he is one of us. He's deaf too.

When it come with introduction just to let AllDeaf members know who you are and why you are here on AllDeaf forum. You don't need to show all of the information about "History" like as if we don't know. That make us feel like we are stupid or idiot having to read all those informations. We only want know who you are and that you are deaf or hearing or hard of hearing and why you are here on AllDeaf forum. Simple as that. You don't have to explain all through like this.

EDIT: You should open a new thread in any thread like General or Current News or any other topic that you can fill your information.

Mod note:

When it comes to introduction and tell us who he is and share some informations here... there is no harm for that. He can do on his own thread as he wishes... if someone is not interested here, they can go to another thread and leave this thread alone. Trainman is doing just fine here and shares some interesting history or facts that he shared with us here which some of us are not aware of or did not know about.

I don't see how Trainman labels us as "idiot" or whatnot... he is free to share something that some of us don't know about. He has never offended any of us here, if anyone has any issues, please PM me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back