tornado, tornado, and TORNDAO!!!!!!!

fei ku

Reaction score
call me crazy, but i love tornado :whistle: ...i never seen it in my whole life...i wonder if anyone of u have seen a real tornado...if so then pls share with me i wud love to hear some of ur story! hehe i rather to see tornado while it is far from me but not too close yikes!

light1.jpg

101_0683.jpg

TornadoPictures008.jpg

I haven't seen a tornado in real life either. I've heard of tornadoes on news in California, Oregon and Washington state. I've heard of some tornadoes that ripped thru downtown Salt Lake City in Utah and also Dallas, Texas, too. People say that tornadoes sound like freight train roaring by when you're standing close to a train.

Interesting history tidbits:

Tornado with 100 mph winds hits Seattle and Juanita on September 28, 1962.
HistoryLink.org Essay 886
Printer-Friendly Format

On September 28, 1962, at about 5:55 p.m. a 100 mph tornado hits the Sand Point area of Seattle. This is the first confirmed tornado in Western Washington. In 15 minutes the tornado damages eight houses in the View Ridge and Sand Point area of Seattle, forms a 100 foot high waterspout while crossing Lake Washington, smacks into homes, and topples 70 trees in Juanita.

A witness sighted two clouds merging to form a gray funnel cloud at roughly 70th Street NE and 25th Avenue NE. The funnel reached the ground at 5:55 p.m. with 100 mph winds at the northern edge of the View Ridge Playfield near where boys were playing football. At least one boy was lifted off the ground. It knocked down three fences before reaching the house at 7308 44th Avenue NE.

really? it cud be in washington?!?! i thought tornados tend to be in state that are plain flat ground and etc...like michigan, oklamka *sp* , and maybe texas??

Yup, tornadoes can happen almost anywhere in the US. Most tornadoes in the West US are weak. They can go up to F3 max at the most. Most of them are F0 to F2.

interest that east and middle tend to be max to F-5 and always strong...one time like example...(i am not sure which state but it does happen for the fact) ...: in ohio, tornado was still on the ground...picked up most of ppl's mails and then it still on the ground continue to texas! and threw all the mails in there...and when it was all over, the mail men have to collect them and send them back... it does happen but dunno which states it did happened wow amazing!

Yeah, I know what you mean there. The clouds carry the mail and dump them somewhere far away. That similar thing happened when a F3 tornado was on Columbia River between Oregon and Washington back in 1973. After it was over, the clouds rained fish all over the place in Vancouver, WA. It was a mess!

chuckle tornado season is here! smileygin brought and showed me where tornado alley was in Arkansas I was like wow. It could torn trees, houses, fence, and everywhere! I have many tornado nightmare dreams. I want to see tornado but never see one yet. It's dangerous!

lol i used to have tornado dream almost everyday but now i still get it very rare...i always wanna to be tornado chaser...tough job ofc request hearing person not deaf person oh well i did went to tornado program and talk abt it and etc and become member of it and all i got A+ in science based on tornado.....and also i love any weathers i love to watch thunderstorm and all kind of weather...

Had close call being witness! I was an hour too early and missed the show in Texas! And other one, missed by 12 hours in Salt Lake City, Utah. Yes there was tornado hit in SLC 7 years ago.

In Greenland, NH had a tornado last three days ago. It is very unusally !!!

i had seen tornado... 4 time straight.. one when i was pregnant i was stuck at the hosptail for 4 hours for my checking up when i was prengnat and the interpeter said announced saying Torando warning.. it was in Wisconsin when i was living there.. but not anymore anyway.. then i came home i was about to take nap cuz i was at hosp too long then got home and told my ex (it was my old bf) and he said sure go ahead but i felt vibrates... and saw tv red said ALERT ALERT i was scared it was my frist time in the whole life and was scared found out 2 miles from my old home was hitted by TORNADO!....... i lived in mobile home.. 2nd time after my kid was born we are so LUCKY my neighbor told us to go to the safe ground and we walked all way to the safe ground while my kid was zzzz he ingored the sounds but we hurry hurry get to the safe ground.. and we saw a funnel kind white thingy.. I will never forget this since i moved to NY cuz of family...........

i love tornadoes GRINS

love to watch specials on tornadoes and the chasers who chase tornadoes
i saw tornado next to my house :Ohno: but it was like f3 or something
but lucky missed my house it was 2 years ago

It already hit Tarrytown and other town in NY yesterday. I thought it was going on the way to my hometown but lucky no. whew!!

Now I know why "Twister" was your favorite movie :D lmao

I remember reading a book about the "twisters", and according to the book Texas has the most tornados than other states ever do.

FYI.. tornado always formed on southwest of the storm where it is dry. it always go NE .. never west or south.. ALWAYS go NE.. its a fact..

i never heard of storms coming to south?? always NE..

i love tornadoes too.. i have seen over 20 times or more of tornadoes in my life time since i was 9 yrs old or younger.. i remmy the youngest i could remmy i was 5 but i didnt see the tornado so that doesnt count.. LOL.. :)

i know I may be crazy as they are dangerous but i love tornadoes. They are known as natural phenomena.. :)

starrygaze said:
chuckle tornado season is here! smileygin brought and showed me where tornado alley was in Arkansas I was like wow. It could torn trees, houses, fence, and everywhere! I have many tornado nightmare dreams. I want to see tornado but never see one yet. It's dangerous!

Tornado season is over here.. its always from March to June... BUT it can occur ANYTIME during the year..

fei ku said:
lol i used to have tornado dream almost everyday but now i still get it very rare...i always wanna to be tornado chaser...tough job ofc request hearing person not deaf person oh well i did went to tornado program and talk abt it and etc and become member of it and all i got A+ in science based on tornado.....and also i love any weathers i love to watch thunderstorm and all kind of weather...

Tornado dream.. it mean that your life is in mess and you are not sure what to do about it so you are basically confused.. thats all it means.. :)

i used to have that many times when i was young .. mean i was confused and nto sure what to do about my life so it was really in a mess.. but not anymore! whew! heh

Back