Thyroid Disorders

wow it´s different as mine...

mine

It looks like that you are taking a Toprol.

I take Toprol for my heart condition after the surgery. It keeps the heart to slow down. I have to wait for my doctor to tell me to stop taking the pill - maybe in 6 to 8 months. This medicine is so bad and it has many side effects. He said that I might take it for rest of my life.

If you have Amiodarone pills, this is one of the most worst of all that has so many side effects. After stop taking Amiodarine, it takes 6 months to take the toxic out of your body. This pill makes me feel down and tired. It is for my high blood pressure, but I don't that problem, but my doctor told me to take it. gggrr. (I am relief to hear that it is a temporary for about 6 months.)

Last edited:
Catmandu

I am taking Levothroxine (green). It is for my underactive thyroid. I don't like it, but it is a temporary for about 6 months. I am not sure that it has a side effect because I take two other pills (Amiodarone and Toprol - they are very bad side effects. i.e. my fingers numb, often tired, a little difficult walking, some hair loss not major loss, and sometimes feet numb).

The underactive thyroid is for people who have very low activity or very low energy before the surgery. I would say that people are lazy for not going the exercise daily - I think my sister told me about it a few months ago when I was in the hospital for my heart surgery.

I am sorry that you had it removed. It helps to control your kidneys, liver, and I don't remember one more organ. Your pill trick your brain to make your organs working.

I take the pill because I laid on a bed at the hospital for 3 months. At home, I get up every morning that make my body sweat due my thyroid problem. It is pretty scary to me.

I am curious do you have a home monitor for your blood test?
(A small device with a tiny needle checks your blood level from your finger without going to a lab.)

A few weeks ago, my friend takes Levothroxine every 6 months. I am surprised about that. Now, I cannot miss my daily pills. Sigh!

Well, I've had problems with my underactive thyriod since I was 19. I have to take 150 mgcs of levothyroxine (blue pills) every morning. I've high cholestrol and I'm also diabetic.

I've noticed that if I don't take regular doses of thyroid meds, my nails will break easily and I tend to get cold easily. AC in the summer tends to make me feel cold. I hate too much AC in the summer. :mad: I'd feel tired all the time and I was prone to depression.

oh yes people with thryoid problems can become depressed as i read about it
i am having problem with depression since i was teenager

It looks like that you are taking a Toprol.

I take Toprol for my heart condition after the surgery. It keeps the heart to slow down. I have to wait for my doctor to tell me to stop taking the pill - maybe in 6 to 8 months. This medicine is so bad and it has many side effects. He said that I might take it for rest of my life.
Toprol is for high blood pressure. I am taking it every day.

I took blood test few months ago. My dr told me that I had hypothyriod and told me that ill go there very month to take blood test again. Last month I took again. The DR said I am all good!! No hypothyroid. I am so relieved abt it.

I took blood test few months ago. My dr told me that I had hypothyriod and told me that ill go there very month to take blood test again. Last month I took again. The DR said I am all good!! No hypothyroid. I am so relieved abt it.

Oh my medicines information must be reversed. Thanks.

BTW, you mean that you are not taking the medicine anymore. If yes, I'm glad that you are so relief!

What a pain the neck to take a blood test every month. My nurse drew my blood, and she moved the needle twice in different times. I hate her. I found another nurse in other town that I never had a problem. Whew!

Tomorrow going to take blood test :( I hate needles lol . Cuz I had underactive thyriod (sp) since March 2002. I hate take blood test every 6 months argh! wish I had no underactive thyroid but just happened :) will to hear from my doctor said still the same with green pills or not let hope so not cuz I had first yellow then purple then back to yellow then change to green so now hope not change again. Yellow Pills was too high for me. purple too low so wait and hear from doctor from green pills ? :)

I heard that there is a new needless device for blood test. I mean no needle. That is something new to me. My sister's friend told me that it is made in Europe. I emailed to a company in Florida that sells needle devices (like a blood monitor device to check your blood level). I have not received an email from the company - what a jerk!

Her friend wished that he should have written down the name of the company when he was on a vacation - he saw the ad on TV. Sigh! I want to let you know that there is a company that has no needle so we should investigate it somehow.

Good Luck for your blood test!

I heard that there is a new needless device for blood test. I mean no needle. That is something new to me. My sister's friend told me that it is made in Europe. I emailed to a company in Florida that sells needle devices (like a blood monitor device to check your blood level). I have not received an email from the company - what a jerk!

Her friend wished that he should have written down the name of the company when he was on a vacation - he saw the ad on TV. Sigh! I want to let you know that there is a company that has no needle so we should investigate it somehow.

Good Luck for your blood test!

Is it diabetic blood test device?

Ohhh it sound like it for diabetic I guess dunno :)

blood test that doctors want to see there are different type of blood like underactive thyoird, and more which it can tell which are something like that I think maybe I am wrong :)

Like most of you posters here, I have underactive thyroid too and I had it for 5 years now. I take thyroxine pill for it everyday. I just had a bloodtest done last week and I haven't heard from my Dr so it must be ok. If something wrong, my Dr will let me know straight away.

Like most of you posters here, I have underactive thyroid too and I had it for 5 years now. I take thyroxine pill for it everyday. I just had a bloodtest done last week and I haven't heard from my Dr so it must be ok. If something wrong, my Dr will let me know straight away.

Sometimes, the lab assistants forgot to call your doctor for the result. It is not your doctor's responsibility because most doctors have so many patients everyday. The doctors do have the responsiblitiy when they receive your result paper from the lab.

My lab forgot three times per year so I had to call my doctor's secretary get my blood test result. I really like the people at the lab, and I don't want to mad at them. Actually, it is my responsibility to find out my blood test.

For the diabetic device, there is one but I am not exact sure if they have needless. That's why we need to find out where the company come from. Of course, the company is in Europe, but where? France, Italy, etc.

I was born with under active thyroid. I started taking thyroxine tablets when I was 8 months old. For some reason it took a while to convince the doctor who thought my symptoms were just because of being born premature but mum insisted as her sister was also born with thyroid defficency. My dad even threatened to sue the stupid doctor who was not even willing to test my thyroid level. He did eventually and found I had an under active thyroid gland. At such times it is an advantage to have pushy parents.

Wow I didn't know that babies could take pills at very early age. I'm glad your parents believed in whats best for you then because not all doctors know everything. Kudos to your parents! So, how is your thyroid level doing now?

I see more people who have hypothryoidism. For me, I had hyper-thryoidism (overactive thyroid) since 2002. It is a part of family genes (on my father's side). I remmied I eat anything unlimited and survived with too many anxiety attacks.

I have a Deaf friend who have a similiar as my hyperthyroidism. Not that many deaf women have that I notice.

Both of my thryoid glands have a bit swollen. Would be nice if it can be shrink by itself but I doubt it will not be happen.

Have you checked with your doctor about your swollen glands? Mine was so swollen like the size of a golf ball and it turned out that I had benign tumor. Hope you're doing ok. Are you taking anything for your hyper-thyroidism?

i have underactive thyroid and i take levothyroxine .88 mg one hour on empty stomache before meal in the morning after i wake up. i was on generic in 2005 for about 3 weeks and had allergic attack from it i broke out rash it spread all over my body and i went back to my doctor and show the rashes on my body and my doctor put me BACK on levothyroxine again and it start to clear up whew and didn't have problem since so my doctor told my drug store not to change medication anymore
that i stay on levothyroxine forever

Sorry to hear that you had a rash from taking generic. Glad you got the right brand and is under control. :) I was told to twitch over to Levoxyl from generic because it's more accurate. The generic pills are not too accurate and that's why my thyroid level was always up and down. Since I'm on levoxyl it has been stabled since.

Catmandu

I am taking Levothroxine (green). It is for my underactive thyroid. I don't like it, but it is a temporary for about 6 months. I am not sure that it has a side effect because I take two other pills (Amiodarone and Toprol - they are very bad side effects. i.e. my fingers numb, often tired, a little difficult walking, some hair loss not major loss, and sometimes feet numb).

Why don't you like it? I mean, how is it affecting you? Why are you taking Amiodarone and Toprol? Does your doctor know that you're taking all these kind of medications? Sometimes they don't mix well and not only that, but any kinds of medications. You'd better check with your doctor about your numbess. I've experienced tiredness and hair loss only because my thyroid level is too low.

The underactive thyroid is for people who have very low activity or very low energy before the surgery. I would say that people are lazy for not going the exercise daily - I think my sister told me about it a few months ago when I was in the hospital for my heart surgery.

I wouldn't say all people are lazy because in my case when my thyroid get very, very low I have *no* energy and ambition to do anything even exercise. If my level is normal or a bit high then I'm pretty active. When I feel like I can't do anything for a long period time then I'd call my doctor.

I am sorry that you had it removed. It helps to control your kidneys, liver, and I don't remember one more organ. Your pill trick your brain to make your organs working.

That's okay and I'm sorry, too. Yes, thyroid glands helps controls every little things in the body. The one more thing you don't remember is probably the pituitary gland? Without it our body will fall apart like weight gain, hair loss, dry skin, and many more. Ugh! :ugh3:

I take the pill because I laid on a bed at the hospital for 3 months. At home, I get up every morning that make my body sweat due my thyroid problem. It is pretty scary to me.

That sounds weird? Does your doctor know about this?

I am curious do you have a home monitor for your blood test?
(A small device with a tiny needle checks your blood level from your finger without going to a lab.)

No, I don't have a home monitor (if that's what its called?). I just go to clinic once a year and have my blood drawn then go to the hospital in a week or two to see my Endocrinologist about the blood test. I don't know if home monitor is that accurate, but I will mention that to my doctor in mid June.

A few weeks ago, my friend takes Levothroxine every 6 months. I am surprised about that. Now, I cannot miss my daily pills. Sigh!

You mean your friend takes one pill every 6 months? There might be a reason for that. Like for some women who get their period will take extra pill (different kind of thyroid pill) to help boost their system because they feel so awful low or can't do anything. I feel that way sometimes, but I don't need it. Anyway... yeah, I am the same as you, I take my pill once every morning 1 hour before meal.

Well, I've had problems with my underactive thyriod since I was 19. I have to take 150 mgcs of levothyroxine (blue pills) every morning. I've high cholestrol and I'm also diabetic.

I've noticed that if I don't take regular doses of thyroid meds, my nails will break easily and I tend to get cold easily. AC in the summer tends to make me feel cold. I hate too much AC in the summer. :mad: I'd feel tired all the time and I was prone to depression.

I don't have that much tolerance with air conditions either because I get very cold easily. Even nice cool breeze makes me chill and I'd wear heavy sweater to keep me warm. Even in summer time! :crazy: If I miss a pill then the next day I would feel like sh*t! Even just for one day. Imagine that? That's why its so important that I don't forget to take the pill. Ugh!

oh yes people with thryoid problems can become depressed as i read about it
i am having problem with depression since i was teenager

Same here. Very annoying. That's why it's very important that I keep myself busy all the time.

Excellent! Glad to hear that. :)

Back