This war makes me depress

FreedummyRing

Reaction score
Why Israel attacking Lebanon, I don't like this at all?

I feel like crying.

Are you guys upset with this too, or am I the only one?

I can understand where you're coming from on this and the whole area (Middle East) is well known to be very volatile and tense whereas these 'wars' come and go. All we can do is hope for the very best when it comes to absolving situations, issues, etc. with minimal impact on the lives of many in the area. ;)

If you believe in doing this, *pray* ;)

Yeah, it's depressing to hear about all the crap that goes on in the middle east. It's gotten to the point where I just don't watch the news anymore. I'm completely sick of it.

Israel is attacking Lebanon because of the Hizbollah executed a bold attack on Israel and brazenly taking two soldiers captive prior to the "war". That was the starting point. It has gone downhill from there.

Basically the bottomline, there is a powerplay going on between Iran, Syria, and the Hizbollah to unstablize the region with Israel the target (the plan is to eliminate it) and in the larger scheme of things, aim at the US and its influence. Please note the Lebanon doesn't have any real control over the Hizbollah. They are like a ministate within a state.

The Sunnites which comprise of the majority of the Islamic Arab world aren't too happy with the Hizbollah because they are Shiites which take orders from Syria and Iran (the main Shiite stronghold) in the Islamic world. Essentially, the Shiites and Sunnites are rivals in the Islamic world and the Sunnites have been in control for centuries and the Shiites hope to turn things around by starting trouble. It is very complicated to explain it further than that.

There is potential for this situation get seriously out of control and consume the Middle East. At this point, it will be just plain ugly and eventually calm down again.

Back