this may be in the wrong place but jus wondering

kelseyjody

Reaction score
this may be in the wrong place but I'm jus wondering y hearing people think that I (HOH) would be soooo much better off if I got a CI than I am with my aids............ I ....... idk I'm jus confused.

I have been HOH my whole life but my mom never believed it was a "problem" my husband convinced my I needed aids and I love them (85%) of the time (lol)

but when I try to discuss a problem with my hearing, hearing loss(which is progressive), or my aids. the first thing that comes out of their mouth is y don't you jus get the implant

This is best discussed with your doctor. Not everyone benifits from CI. Some would better benifit from HA's or BAHA'S, and some are just what it is. And that would be my response to the well intentioned friends making such suggestions.

No problem. I thought it less scary than CI, but if HA's worked for me I would have stuck with them. Like I said, options are always best discussed with a qualified Dr. Good luck :)

im having a lot of feedback problems atm........ that and a lot of like idk like kkkkkrrrrrrrchchchckkkkkk

lol if that made any sense to you I don't know if I need a different kind or jus an adjustment I want earmolds but I don't think I can get those with my HAs
my insurance doesn't cover it soooo I don't know how im gunna pay for adjustments or anything

I know lions club will pay for people to see Audi's and Dr.s and cover hearing aids if that helps?

B/c they think it will give you hearing person hearing.......they don't understand that it's "deaf person" hearing........

im having a lot of feedback problems atm........ that and a lot of like idk like kkkkkrrrrrrrchchchckkkkkk

lol if that made any sense to you I don't know if I need a different kind or jus an adjustment I want earmolds but I don't think I can get those with my HAs
my insurance doesn't cover it soooo I don't know how im gunna pay for adjustments or anything

If ya having feedback problems, you need custom made earmolds. From your picture, it looks like you have domes.

EDIT: Simple google search comes to this. This is the same hearing aid as yours just an a older generation. http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?7165-Need-new-ear-molds-for-RIC-(Phonak-Audeo-YES-IX)

B/c they think it will give you hearing person hearing.......they don't understand that it's "deaf person" hearing........

I'm not quite sure what that means but as a hearing person with sudden hearing loss and now a CI user, my hearing is about 95% completely normal and getting better all the time.

kelseyjody-you have to medically qualify for CI, you can't just get one because you want one. From what you have said it's likely that you won't qualify for one yet. You need to have aided speech recognition scores less than 50% and if your HA's are helping you 85% of the time, it's not likely that you are there yet. It's certainly something to keep in mind if your hearing gets worse. It's the best think I have ever done, and I wish I had done it sooner--and I could have had I known more about the process earlier. It's something to talk to your audi about or even meet with a CI audi just to see where you are at and what they think.

Back