This is pretty weird about VP

Unegawahya

Reaction score
Did anyone have a problem seeing a black screen? My friend told me he only have 9 friends but 4 of them he sees are only black. My suspicion is he messed up his VP and the router. He doesn't have a computer. He moved those around from one kitchen, to a bedroom, and then the living room. WTF was he doing?? Now he can't see me, but I can see him. :| I decided to test my own. Found out, he messed up somethin' in the VP setting. I tested the router to see if I have the similar problem. Same thing, so I put my username and password back in. He has two problems, one that was mentioned above, and the two arrows and the x marks, he messed up both the VP and a router because it needs a username and a password that he got from DSL. :shock: He called technicians, both look like they have NO experiences as I saw them yakkin' while I view them. My technician can work for him easily but the problem is, he lives farther away and my technician lives near me. <sigh> I told his step-daughter to call and request ANOTHER one but with more experience like my technician. I dunno what is going on over there.

Whitewolf1970 said:
Did anyone have a problem seeing a black screen? My friend told me he only have 9 friends but 4 of them he sees are only black. My suspicion is he messed up his VP and the router. He doesn't have a computer. He moved those around from one kitchen, to a bedroom, and then the living room. WTF was he doing?? Now he can't see me, but I can see him. :| I decided to test my own. Found out, he messed up somethin' in the VP setting. I tested the router to see if I have the similar problem. Same thing, so I put my username and password back in. He has two problems, one that was mentioned above, and the two arrows and the x marks, he messed up both the VP and a router because it needs a username and a password that he got from DSL. :shock: He called technicians, both look like they have NO experiences as I saw them yakkin' while I view them. My technician can work for him easily but the problem is, he lives farther away and my technician lives near me. <sigh> I told his step-daughter to call and request ANOTHER one but with more experience like my technician. I dunno what is going on over there.

What VP does your friend have? Usually most installers set the IP address to 192.168.0.125, subnet mask to 255.255.255.0, gateway to 192.168.0.1 and Primary DNS to 192.168.0.1... that is assuming he has a D-Link router or a router that has xxx.xxx.0.1 address. If his VP already does show those numbers, then chances are the router got reset and lost the DMZ or port forwarding information. He will need someone with a computer (laptop) to go over and set the router again.

RickL66 said:
What VP does your friend have? Usually most installers set the IP address to 192.168.0.125, subnet mask to 255.255.255.0, gateway to 192.168.0.1 and Primary DNS to 192.168.0.1... that is assuming he has a D-Link router or a router that has xxx.xxx.0.1 address. If his VP already does show those numbers, then chances are the router got reset and lost the DMZ or port forwarding information. He will need someone with a computer (laptop) to go over and set the router again.

Just back home. Bingo! You're right about the router did reset. He did it. So I told him not to touch anything. If he wants to move it to another room is to call the technician. The address you described is what his IP address is. Now I dunno why he did it but he said she did it, and vice versa. :doh: :dizzy: We talked about it. I talked to the lady's daughter who told her mom not to move it anymore. Oh, well. Too late. Thanks for the information. The hearing daughter told me she will call tomorrow to get ANOTHER technician hopefully with more experience and to bring the laptop device. Hopefully will be on tomorrow. Fingers crossed. :confused:
Again, thanks.

xentra said:
u got black screen that was from router block ports or different brand router...!! BTW TRY focus router setup! the smiply best!!!
here to help you for setup router open ports: http://www.dlink.com/products/DVC-1000/setup.asp
Actually, it didn't came from my vp, it came from their vp which is showing a black screen. I will let them know. But first, they need to call the technician. I told them to ask them for another router (D-Link DI-604 which I have here) since that brand WellTell (sp?) 6100 router is not that good. I will look it up into it. I was wrong at first about their IP address. They both ended up with 192.168.1.125 and 192.168.1.1 but the mask is the same. I don't quite understand where they get that "1" digit when it should be "0." Probably from different city, their is in Orange County while I live in Los Angeles County. :eek: :( I can't go back and forth, they live to far away from me. I hope they will hurry up soon. His daughter will call the sorenson and then the Verizon to ask for another router. They should have connect it to the computer which is easier than havin' no computer at home.

it happened to me but i did read online and followed what they say then i did.. it worked

TweetyBird said:
it happened to me but i did read online and followed what they say then i did.. it worked

That's great. But the problem is the IP address and the gateway numbers have the "1" instead of "0" that it should be "0" only like 192.168.0.125 but theirs is 192.168.1.125. Which is pretty strange so I figure it's the router that is not compatible with the VP-100 device. I prefer D-Link router DI-604 which is better and fasteeeeeest. :D They said the technicians put those numbers in there. Ooh so two technicians are not that smart then. My technician should go and help them becuz he's pretty experiences to know those types. They (technicians) said it's MINE that has a problem. Ha! But my technician said nope, it's not my device, it's their devices that has a problem. I don't know where they come from. :ugh:

Whitewolf1970 said:
That's great. But the problem is the IP address and the gateway numbers have the "1" instead of "0" that it should be "0" only like 192.168.0.125 but theirs is 192.168.1.125. Which is pretty strange so I figure it's the router that is not compatible with the VP-100 device. I prefer D-Link router DI-604 which is better and fasteeeeeest. :D They said the technicians put those numbers in there. Ooh so two technicians are not that smart then. My technician should go and help them becuz he's pretty experiences to know those types. They (technicians) said it's MINE that has a problem. Ha! But my technician said nope, it's not my device, it's their devices that has a problem. I don't know where they come from. :ugh:
yea i uddy what u mean.. i have d Link.. it best one!

Whitewolf1970 said:
That's great. But the problem is the IP address and the gateway numbers have the "1" instead of "0" that it should be "0" only like 192.168.0.125 but theirs is 192.168.1.125. Which is pretty strange so I figure it's the router that is not compatible with the VP-100 device.

0 or 1 does not matter, as long as router and VP match (same). Mine is set using 1, works just fine.

Still doesn't work. They kept on blacking the screen. We had in conversation one time when he was LUCKY. Now, it went back to the same black screen. Dunno what is going on. But my devices are still runnin' smoothly with no problem. They gotta do something about it right away. :(

Back