There is a new comic book.

UpstNYDesigner

Reaction score
Hey ya'll, there is a new comic book coming to your comic book stores soon. It is in the rough stages and I was opening this page and I gasped there is this guy signing, "ILY." I know what you all will say when I say this. It is from a Christian comic book website. The character name is Jesus. The site is http://www.holycomics.com/jesus/index.html Please check it out. Interesting that he uses ILY sign concept.

I personally have some bothersome feelings about this site though. The artist uses the Lord's name for this comic book character. Secondly, he also drew up a comic book character named Captain Miracle. This character has name, boy's name, and the storyline very similar to Billy Batson/Captain Marvel of SHAZAM! Comic book series. The guy, Jason who is the artist explained he parodized SHAZAM! characters into Captain Miracle. Hmm. Sounds like copyright and trademark inframent violations?

What you all think?

By the way, this is about copyright, not the religion part. I am a Christian myself but I do not want to hear any mocking on my Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God. Thank you.

It's not a copyright infringement if it's a parody. Look it up.

If you don't like a comic book, novel or a movie, don't read or watch them.

Also.. there are people named Jesus. It's not a common name, but parents do name their kids Jesus. So there is really no need to be offended by it. I think it happens in Mexico, Spain, Central America, and some other places. I think there are more than 1 meaning for Jesus..

and as to the copyright thing.. the author clearly stated it was a parody, therefore there is no copyright infringement. As long as he stated it was a parody.

Back