The very worst kind of lift-off close call

Great eye mx... I didn't see that until I read your post. That could be exactly what gave way. A piece of wood can't hold the weight of a truck. Most lifts have an end piece that can be flipped up and it's made of sturdy metal but it does look like this guy used a block of wood instead.

Once a friend and I used wood rounds (from a cut-up tree) to hold up a truck while we worked on the transmission. The wood splintered and the truck crashed down and stopped inches from our faces. *SHUDDER*

Once a friend and I used wood rounds (from a cut-up tree) to hold up a truck while we worked on the transmission. The wood splintered and the truck crashed down and stopped inches from our faces. *SHUDDER*

Was it a hardwood or softwood piece?

I think it was from a locust tree. We just picked a few from a cord and used them. Yeah, dumb. :lol:

Yeah, that was dumb but glad you guys didn't get injured. Locust tree, yea that's hardwood.

Great eye mx... I didn't see that until I read your post. That could be exactly what gave way. A piece of wood can't hold the weight of a truck. Most lifts have an end piece that can be flipped up and it's made of sturdy metal but it does look like this guy used a block of wood instead.

Hi, rockdrummer and mx757. Did you see my post #12? Read my first sentence that I talked about the object fall out from the rack arm right rear where the truck started to slipping out. I've watching this clip over over till I caught it. Why? I've been operating hydraulic lift racks for more than 30 years where I spend my mechanic years as today. I'm a real world class technician.
Yes I feel bad for a guy and a truck (major underbody damaged).

I never liked working with 2 post lifts. I always went into OCD mode and kept checking to make sure the vehicle was secure. I much preferred working with 4 posters.

Hi, rockdrummer and mx757. Did you see my post #12? Read my first sentence that I talked about the object fall out from the rack arm right rear where the truck started to slipping out. I've watching this clip over over till I caught it. Why? I've been operating hydraulic lift racks for more than 30 years where I spend my mechanic years as today. I'm a real world class technician.
Yes I feel bad for a guy and a truck (major underbody damaged).
Yeah I just went back and read it. Good catch!!

LOL! Like posts from hell said you worked with lifts before?

This is perfect SAFE and it have safely lock. From what you heard was human error. Like you put lift of under vehicles at wrong area then vehicles will fall. I use that kind of lift for thousand times for F350, Suburban, Silverado,Dodge RAM, etc and no problem with it.

um.... you just repeated what I just said..... and I've never worked with lift.

EPIC FAIL!

Back