The Sims 2

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I love this game but my computer got screw up.

I'm looking for new laptop, it don't matters with Windows or Mac but I would change from Windows into Linux.

I want to said important thing... I want The Sims 2 to work so great with no laggy and always run so well for long time. I don't want send more than $1,500 for laptop.

Thanks for helping :)

I have that game too. I haven't had too many problems with it, but it does slow your computer down a great bit.

volcomskatz said:
I love this game but my computer got screw up.

I'm looking for new laptop, it don't matters with Windows or Mac but I would change from Windows into Linux.

I want to said important thing... I want The Sims 2 to work so great with no laggy and always run so well for long time. I don't want send more than $1,500 for laptop.

Thanks for helping :)

My gf's laptop is pretty good and it can play games but not with high graphics. This laptop cost 900 dollars. 128mb Videocard ATI Xpress 200, 80 GB harddrive, 512mb DDR ram, 1.8 ghz Celeron (I know Celeron sucks but when I tried this laptop out and boy it doesnt run like it's Celeron!). I am impressed with this laptop so far. It's upgradable... so here is the name and number of laptop I am using. Toshbia Satellite M55-S139 (I would suggest to go for Pentinum M). The Pentinum M latops are cheaper now.

I am hardcore gamer and I prefer PC desktop with high graphic card than the laptops.

NascarZing said:
My gf's laptop is pretty good and it can play games but not with high graphics. This laptop cost 900 dollars. 128mb Videocard ATI Xpress 200, 80 GB harddrive, 512mb DDR ram, 1.8 ghz Celeron (I know Celeron sucks but when I tried this laptop out and boy it doesnt run like it's Celeron!). I am impressed with this laptop so far. It's upgradable... so here is the name and number of laptop I am using. Toshbia Satellite M55-S139 (I would suggest to go for Pentinum M). The Pentinum M latops are cheaper now.

I am hardcore gamer and I prefer PC desktop with high graphic card than the laptops.

Does The Sims 2 will work so great on this laptop with no laggy?

volcomskatz said:
Does The Sims 2 will work so great on this laptop with no laggy?

I have never played any Sim series. Is there a demo for it so I can test it out on this laptop?

Ok I found the demo but its not the gameplay demo. Its create body demo that's it. It look fine. I have another games played on this laptop which requires more graphics than the sim 2 and they works fine on this laptop. The Sim 2 should work.

Which is best?

AMD Turion 64
Intel Celeron M
Intel Centrino Mobile Technology
Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology

Back