The Sculata Tortoise

FadedRose

Reaction score
Shocker...total shocker! My father adopted a Sculata Tortoise that is around 11 to 14 years old-over 50lbs. He's 76 years old for crying out loud! Regardless, he loves the darn thing. It is adorable...something I've never seen. A GIANT tortoise roaming his back yard that looks to be a wooden statue if it's not moving. When I first saw it I said...wait a minute is that a damn turtle?! It's not real! It's one of your wood carvings ( he collects rather large wood carvings of indians, hawks and other various animals )...
only to see it move and realize yep, it's real alright!

I just found out about this new addition to the family last week. Here's a link to what they look like: turtle! | Like The Mermaid

Anyone own one of these? It will be given to me when my father passes, hopefully no time soon though. :)

Cool, looks like they can live to be as old as 80 years old. Nice to see people who like animals.

So cute! Find a vet who knows how to handle tortoise emergencies if you need it. (I hope an emergency never happens.)

So cute! Find a vet who knows how to handle tortoise emergencies if you need it. (I hope an emergency never happens.)

Tortoise emergencies happen really slowly... ;)

There is plenty of time! :P

Back