The Point In Human Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel

Reaction score
A long ago, i have asked several people that i knew what is the point in human life. There was only one who managed to answer truly. Now, i would like to ask you the same question too. I promise i'll give the answer but not until i'll heard the answers of yours.

I think of the Westminster Catechism when I hear this:

Q. 1. What is the chief end of man?

A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God,
and to enjoy him forever.

Q. 2. What rule hath God given
to direct us how we may glorify
and enjoy him?

A. The Word of God,
which is contained in the Scriptures
of the Old and New Testaments,
is the only rule to direct us
how we may glorify and enjoy him.

I don't think my church uses this, but I learned about it once when I was doing a project.

George Carlin said that man's obvious reason for existence was that God needs more plastic. We are right brilliant at making and discarding plastic.

I once asked God why life had to be so hard. He answered quite simply that "Life was meant to be LIVED." That's best answer I have ever gotten. Not quite the answer to your question, but it's all I got.

Thank you for your answers. Both of you are right to a degree but neither of you fully. I will still wait with my answer. Please be patient.

I know I am not that good at describin', but Love is Life, because Love is livin' thing that gave breathe in life to run ( live ). IMO -

If, there's no Love, then, there's no Life.

There is no "reason" to live insofar as a single, universal principle that all humans can embrace. Biologically speaking, our purpose is to reproduce, but since some people cannot reproduce, it's not something all people can partake in.

People will find their own reason to live as they go through life. Many people struggle with finding their reason (the Princeton problem, to cite Avenue Q), but barring fatal accidents, they will find their reason and dedicate the rest of their life to it afterwards.

I found my reason last year--Make life easier for other people. It's something I can work at, something I try to do daily.

We have heard several answers:

1. To glorify and enjoy God.

It isn't the right answer since this is only a part of our life. It isn't its entire point. We feel pleasure, pain, we are young, old, we eat, we dring, we sleep, we love, we hate.... To glorify God or the love for God respectively isn't everything that we consist of.

2. "Life was meant to be LIVED."

It is better a bit. But what that really means? Life must be lived = experience much feelings both positive and negative ones. And why is that? Each our experience is accompanied by our feeling and each feeling is an energy.

3. Love is Life

Oh, that's half-true and a half-error at the same time. Love is a positive energy that requires its opposite = hate or negative energy, because there is always an opposite to everyhting. There would be no love without hate.

4. Reason to live.

To find reason to live = find the way how to obtain some subjectively positive feelings, for example the feeling of usefulness for others or ones own happiness caused by the luck of people who were helped or the nice feeling of being wealthy and having large possession than the other. But that is not everything.

5. Make life easier for other people.

A half-truth and a half-error at the same time, too. In the whole Creation we can see both individuals who help the other and those who hurt them. The opposite of the people who help the other is the people who hurt them, and both these kinds of people have to exist.

Please go even deeper when searching the right answer and please forgive me my bad English, i am a Czech.

Pavel said:
2. "Life was meant to be LIVED."

It is better a bit. But what that really means? Life must be lived = experience much feelings both positive and negative ones. And why is that? Each our experience is accompanied by our feeling and each feeling is an energy.

Well, I can't say "why" exactly - it's just the answer I got when I asked God about the troubles and pain of life. I really can't say what our ultimate purpose is as human beings. As far as I can see, we each seem to have an individual purpose.

To keep each other company or else we will be alone...

Just like Adam needed Eve.

Pavel said:
We have heard several answers:

1. To glorify and enjoy God.

It isn't the right answer since this is only a part of our life. It isn't its entire point. We feel pleasure, pain, we are young, old, we eat, we dring, we sleep, we love, we hate.... To glorify God or the love for God respectively isn't everything that we consist of.

I would have to disagree with you, because I think everything truly good that we do is indeed to the glory of God or enjoying the pleasures (properly) that He has put in this world for us.

The other things that we do--that are in excess or not in their proper times, or are just flat wrong, are failures in our purpose.

As far as I can see, we each seem to have an individual purpose.

You are right. Central Cosmic Soul has many parts and one of them is human part created by human souls. And each of us - each human - is a piece of it, and we all together are the human part of the CCS.

To keep each other company or else we will be alone...

Just like Adam needed Eve.

Oh, rather no. We meet one another but also often get parted later. If keeping each other company would be the (main) point in our life then all the other things would be subjected to it - to the goal not to be alone. But we change the place we live in, the school, we often separate off some people to meet others elsewhere. We like some clothes, a different food than the others, we have a different sense of hearing, seeing, when we see something each of us has a different feeling of it. Each of us has a different state of health. That all has the sense, not only keeping each other company. I say that keeping each other company is one of many factors the point in human life consists of.

I would have to disagree with you, because I think everything truly good that we do is indeed to the glory of God or enjoying the pleasures (properly) that He has put in this world for us.

The other things that we do--that are in excess or not in their proper times, or are just flat wrong, are failures in our purpose.

No. God is the Lord and he made our world and everything on it. Not only good but also bad things. If we do good or evil, both is fulfilling the original God's intention with our development. God knows the future and he knew that people will sin before he made them! Bad things aren't failure in our purpose but they are a component of a darker phasis of our development planned by the God.

Pavel said:
No. God is the Lord and he made our world and everything on it. Not only good but also bad things. If we do good or evil, both is fulfilling the original God's intention with our development. God knows the future and he knew that people will sin before he made them! Bad things aren't failure in our purpose but they are a component of a darker phasis of our development planned by the God.

By saying this, you imply that God condones and commits evil and thus you deny the gravity of our sinful nature and our need for salvation--this doesn't make sense.

By saying this, you imply that God condones and commits evil and thus you deny the gravity of our sinful nature and our need for salvation--this doesn't make sense.

Yes, God condones and commits evil, but also good. And by the way, our sinful nature is also created by God. As far as our need for Salvation, we have this need. But not all of us have it and not everybody will be saved. So that Salvation is the goal of some of us but still not the point of human life in general.

Again, I do not agree--all of us do indeed have the need for salvation (which therefore makes it a thing we all ought to strive after, a central goal), but I believe that while not everyone will ultimately be saved, God is trying to maximize how many ARE saved. Given the amazing nature of what God has to offer, this is certainly a more reliable goal than anything else we have in this life.

Everything that God is doing is planned for ages. Also our Salvation is planned in advance. There is an excerpt from Bible here that proves the fact that there are predestined people to be and not to be saved:

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.

God has predestined Salvation for some and the Lake of Fire for others (even before the foundation of the world). To be saved (for some) and to end in the Lake of Fire (for others) are also two of many things the point in human life consists of.

Pavel said:
Everything that God is doing is planned for ages. Also our Salvation is planned in advance. There is an excerpt from Bible here that proves the fact that there are predestined people to be and not to be saved:

I just had a chat with God. He said you really don't understand Scripture. He suggested you give him a call so he can explain it to you.

Pavel said:
Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.

There's a lot of different ways of reading that. I would read that as that everyone is naturally holy and good, and that some will choose in the course of their lives to reject that.

I just had a chat with God. He said you really don't understand Scripture. He suggested you give him a call so he can explain it to you.

Was it really God that you had a chat with?

Many people pray or talk to God and most of them are heard by somebody else. To be able to talk with God, one must know him, feel him... Only a few people can do that.

There si a saying in mysticism: Only one out of a thousand people will be drawn to the narrow path. Out of this thousand only few will come to know God as he truly is.

Are you one of them that you claim you have talked with God?

When i was about eight years old, several shining stars in the shape of a circle - the Spirits of God - visited me. I am 33 and i am a virgin - one of his elected. His Stars carried my away to The Land Of Stars. Are you sure that you spoke with him who owns these Stars?

Pavel said:
Are you one of them that you claim you have talked with God?
I know the question was not directed to me, but I will say, I have had two distinct times when God literally spoke to me. I don't discuss it often, because it makes people think you are nuts, but there it is. It's my truth - nothing I could prove, just something between God and me I guess.

Pavel said:
Was it really God that you had a chat with?

I assure you, it was.

Pavel said:
Many people pray or talk to God and most of them are heard by somebody else.

True.

Pavel said:
To be able to talk with God, one must know him, feel him... Only a few people can do that.

My name should mean something to you if you say that and are sincere in it. If my name does not mean anything to you, then you are deluding yourself.

Pavel said:
I am 33 and i am a virgin - one of his elected. His Stars carried my away to The Land Of Stars.

Predestination is a fallacy claimed by people such as yourself who do not know God. God does not create people for the sole purpose of damning them. God does not punish those who have not sinned. He does punish those who do sin. You are not God's "elected" any more than you are God's "damned". You make your own choices in life which will shape your destiny. God will then either reward you or punish you accordingly.

Wow, as I read all the responses, as my personal beliefs is that God has the purpose for each of us. Now the word predestined, is meaning God forknew or chosen those who have Him or not. Understand, have to becareful how u use that scripture. What driven us to need Christ to come in our lives? Who lead us that? The Holy Spirit. What the point of Christ's death on a cross? To pay our sin debt in full,,past present and future. Those who have Christ in our lives will face, trials, tribulations, temptations and many challenges in our lives, for leading us to give God the glory. But the rewards is based how we live our lives, but not losing slavations. And no, God doesn't made sin. Satan the one snatched us from God what lead to send Jesus Christ to take our place to shed His Blood for us to receive cleansing and covered our sins. Several times include Jesus said, ANYONE who comes to me will have everlasting life. Paul mentioned WHOSOEVER call upon the name of the Lord shall be save/ and it goes on. Now, the point we live is a purpose of God in many ways. This what I learn my mistakes, all the hardships, temptations and how other treated , tho patience thru, but become more heated, I gave in. But tho I failed, not mean I'm a failure. He encouraged me to get up and move on, God is a 2nd chance or even thousand chance. He isn't finish with us yet till He call us Home (those who have ask Christ to come in their life). God gives grace, Grace alone for slavation. Have grace lead us to allow God show what He called us to do, if u fail, go to Him and confess, He will lead u the way. Practice godliness meant for us to deal with what we must set goal what God call us to do. This world is just our wilderness, when time comes I ll be crossing Jordan River to the Promised Land, not bec what I did here, but what He did for me on the cross that lead me Home. That's the purpose for being here. God forknew who have Christ or reject or even based on their approval or works. The latter phrase will not also lead Home. Christ alone that lead us Home. That's the purpose of this life. Being human is bec we sinned, and been passed down to us from adam. Our corruptible body will change immediately into incorruptible when christ comes. Those who died in Christ, the Spirit automatic zoom to Paradise, till Christ comes our body join our Spirit which is no longer fleshly body, HALLELUJAH!! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME, THERE IS NO OTHER GOD LIKE HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back