The Movie The Legend of the Mountain Man

RookieMT

Reaction score
I would love to see this movie but can't find it for less than $24.99 can't even find it on Netflix or blockbuster. I am learning sign language and would love to see it.

Just saw this yesterday (Sunday). I really liked it. A friend from church loaned me 4 DVD's that ASL Films made.

I think it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to get a copy (legal) for less than that price. I bought my copy directly from ASL Films and they were very helpful to work with.

If you want to get a few ASL movies, ASL films has a number of 2 and 3 DVD sets that allow you to save a bit of money compared to buying the movies individually.

If you're learning ASL, these are a FANTASTIC way to see ASL used correctly, with English subtitles to ensure you understand what's being said.

When you think about it $24 is far less than you'd pay for an addition ASL book, class etc and allows you to replay the dialogue over and over to catch what is being said :)

Excellent deal all around (and it supports Deaf Movie companies AND actors!)

I've been on the ASL films site and am interested in several movies...I'm waiting a bit <moneywise> til I can order from them so I can support Deaf businesses

I've been on the ASL films site and am interested in several movies...I'm waiting a bit <moneywise> til I can order from them so I can support Deaf businesses

May I suggest looking for it at the local Library, I've found titles this way.

Kristina, can you request them on interlibrary loan?

One of my local libraries has a form on their website to request them to buy materials, too.

I've just looked at ASL films and their new movie, Versa Effect, looks fun to me, but seems it's not out in DVD.

I got email from the local deaf center that movie Versa Effect is coming to play near me as part of an ASL Films fundraiser, I plan to go!

Kristina, can you request them on interlibrary loan?

One of my local libraries has a form on their website to request them to buy materials, too.

I've just looked at ASL films and their new movie, Versa Effect, looks fun to me, but seems it's not out in DVD.

I got email from the local deaf center that movie Versa Effect is coming to play near me as part of an ASL Films fundraiser, I plan to go!

Just went to see Versa Effect 2-3 weeks ago at a Deaf Event at a local high school. It is funny as all get out!!

Grayma - I can request for materials to be bought, but so farm anything related to the deaf community and dead culture have been vetoed. They think having the Signing Time videos is enough. They claim children are the only ones needing help. I refute back and say that I am not only looking for learning, I am looking for enjoyment. They still denied it. And no, they don't do interlibrary loans at all. Neither one does. I was told to check with the local college. Well, I did, they say I have to be a student. Ah well. Luckily, I have a friend who has all the ASL films videos and is letting me borrow them with no time limit.

:) well, I could use a funny movie

I'm happy for you, Kristina that at least you're able to get ASL films from your friend-

Grayma - I can request for materials to be bought, but so farm anything related to the deaf community and dead culture have been vetoed. They think having the Signing Time videos is enough. They claim children are the only ones needing help. I refute back and say that I am not only looking for learning, I am looking for enjoyment. They still denied it. And no, they don't do interlibrary loans at all. Neither one does. I was told to check with the local college. Well, I did, they say I have to be a student. Ah well. Luckily, I have a friend who has all the ASL films videos and is letting me borrow them with no time limit.

:shock: I've never been in a library system that didn't do interlibrary loans. How bizarre. And how obnoxious that they think ASL videos are only for helping kids learn ASL. Our library has a ton of Spanish language stuff because we have a decent sized Hispanic population- including stuff that's purely entertainment value.

I'm glad about your friend.

has anyone else ever ordered from ASLFilms.com? Just wondering.

Kristina, what were the other ASL Films that you watched? Were they any good?

I just finished watching this movie, and I really enjoyed it! Didn't expect it to be completely silent though, so that was new for me. But still good! :)

Back