The Forces Pushing Deaf Kids Away From Sign Language

It is about having full access to language for the little ones so they dont end up with severe language delays or deficits. That is what can adversly affect their congnitive process and their ability to think critically. ASL provides FULL access to language for all deaf children. To say this is allowing more deaf children put at these kinds of risks. We cant allow this to happen.

And even with the kids who do have decent spoken language, ASL can really help with social emotional AND can also be a great tool for when a hoh kid is in less then perfect listening conditions. Also, knowing ASL for a dhh kid is like a hearing kid being fluent in say English and French!!!!!!

It is about having full access to language for the little ones so they dont end up with severe language delays or deficits. That is what can adversly affect their congnitive process and their ability to think critically. ASL provides FULL access to language for all deaf children. To say this is allowing more deaf children put at these kinds of risks. We cant allow this to happen.

Very True. I was talkin bout if they make this happen. i wasnt talking about little kids. we can write or cant we?

Well, If you learn both ASL and oral then it would be awesome but oral only? HELL NO.

Not me. I like to talk. :D That's my preference, I guess.

I remember you said, in an another thread, you believed mainstream schools are work for Deaf and/or deaf students. But your English grammar is still need to be worked on... So, there are so many fantastic websites for writers that you can get some help for your writing skills. Be noted, I am not asking or telling you to be a writer. I encourage you to improve your writing better.

It's just one tip for you. :)

Mainstream schools sucks. But share classes between mainstream and deaf school AWESOME. Too bad, my grandma thinks I can't do that because "I have to live there"

Yes, I just read your thread about that. :(

But you still can go to any Deaf college! There are so many, many Deaf students outside there! :D

Mainstream schools sucks. But share classes between mainstream and deaf school AWESOME. Too bad, my grandma thinks I can't do that because "I have to live there"

Your grandmother is just mistaken about that. Babyblue gave you correct information. You don't have to live on campus to have a split placement. My son's deaf school did split placement with some students, too, and they did not have to be residents, either. They could be day students.

I remember you said, in an another thread, you believed mainstream schools are work for Deaf and/or deaf students. But your English grammar is still need to be worked on... So, there are so many fantastic websites for writers that you can get some help for your writing skills. Be noted, I am not asking or telling you to be a writer. I encourage you to improve your writing better.

It's just one tip for you. :)

it is ok. I am not writing a book. I rather save that stories for my future children. Beside, i been trying to figure out what i wanna do with my life. Right now i am going to school and learn to be chef. If i want to be writer, that is just something i could but dont have to do. My English skills are not that great. Like my aunt said, i write so close being like one. I just don't quite understand depth of English Grammar concept. It gonna take me time and pracitce

Joey, yes. And in addition there's the fact that local mainstream schools/programs tend to be better then an average mainstream school, b/c they're experianced with dhh kids.

Back