The Battle of a Daughter

luckystar

Reaction score
The Battle of a Daughter Written for and Dedicated to Terry

Flames ignite, as we see a teeter totter battle begin the end.
We whisper quietly the truth to ourselves.
In sight of everyone else, we pretend.
Witness a father and daughter relationship come to a close end.
One heart vicously ripped out without compassion.
The second, frozen instantly with vile words spoken.
Subject number two gave up completely when faced with the fall of his seed.
In most eyes he should have stood behind to break the fall, helping the one in need.
Take a good look at this lost little girl.
In this gigantic world full of heartache and pain.
Took a wrong turn and ended up in a drug ring, with people thinking its a game.
How can you close your eyes, ignoring the bind she is in.
Help, yes indeed, but only with love.
She is your last great deed.
In need of comfort and possibly some advice to help set her straight.
What did this man decide to do? What if it was you? What would you do?
Away with you, locked up and depressed.
Life just became a big horrible mess.

She slipped through their boundries and hitched a ride with Travis.
Far away she could faintly hear the echo in her ear.
"We dont want you here."
Making her way down misery hill.
The girls new home is with her.
A part time mother, a full time drunk.
She wants to pack her bags and close the trunk.
And the book of lies, can anybody hear this young girls cries.
She reached out her hand for love and support.
Why is it still alone?
"Look at me dad, in my eyes, deep down inside. Dont you see I need you to open up to me? Be my strength and guide me to serenity. With my pain stricken eyes, your glimmer will fade away. And I will never be able to look at you the same. If you erase the bond of your seed and turn the other cheek. The rose you helped bloom will reach her demise. And once you realize youve lost a good thing, you will slowly grow weak."

She looked in her rearview, replaying her past.
Admitted her faults and corrected them her best.
After losing the bond built strong to last, it had clicked in her head, she was all she had.
Standing alone, her father sent her away.
To an unstable enviroment, surrounded by habit kickers, making her vulnerable to relapse.
Confused about her fathers banishing.
Shes trying to make sense.
Everything hes asked of her, shes completed the task.
One heated tempature, boiling out of control, became the breaking of her poor soul.
"Dad, all I want is a second chance. Please store all thats in the past. The same blood runs through our veins, and holds the ultimate bond. It hurts deep inside and tears me apart. When you look at me with disgust. Remember you said I always have a home with you, then you sent me away into darker days and temptation. Expecting me not to break. The whip cream on top was losing you. How do you expect standing my ground? When you were my concrete. Now you are gone and I just keep sinking further. Lend me your hand and stand by my side. Believe in me, for I am strong. But only if I have you as my spine."

BY Stephanie

Luckystar

I am very impressed with the many discriptive words you used to get true feelings exposed. I trust you will write more.

Jerry

Thundercliff said:
I am very impressed with the many discriptive words you used to get true feelings exposed. I trust you will write more.

Jerry

Thank you very much Thundercliff. That means alot coming from another writer. Yes I will write much more. I have been writing since I was 12, and I am in the process of developing new talents. I will never stop writing it is my life and one thing I always have to look forward too. Thank you so much for taking time out to share my work, and leaving a response.

Moved my heart to tears... you've got talent there. Contribution to others is what touch us the most. Keep it up!

LinuxGold said:
Moved my heart to tears... you've got talent there. Contribution to others is what touch us the most. Keep it up!

Thank you very much, and thank you for taking the time to reply

PurrMeow said:
Great poem and also I gotta to tell that I agree with LinuxGold

Thank you very much I appreciate your comments!!! And thank you for taking time to read my work...

Back