Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes no difference - whether Im deaf or not in afterlife - it is just our souls floating around, not our entire physical aspect. Our physical aspect will deteriorate.

there you go. we'll be in ethereal form

the blind will see, the deaf will hear! We will never hunger or thirst. There will be no pain.

beside... why hear? or sign? when you're in afterlife... i'm sure they talk to each other telepathically :cool2:

Of course, they do. :) I have no doubt about that one. :lol:

Enuff suffer afterlife I prefer normal as everyone.

why not. same idea for any others who suffer in many ways and go afterlife they feel better.

Well, if deaf folks are so proud of being deaf in this life, why wouldn't they continue to be proud of same in the afterlife?

Because in the afterlife - we will be given glorified bodys - a body that won't decay, have illnesses, no impairments, etc.!

'N that's a promise from God that we all can look forward to!

-charles

Because in the afterlife - we will be given glorified bodys - a body that won't decay, have illnesses, no impairments, etc.!

'N that's a promise from God that we all can look forward to!

-charles

I hear you and I agree but my point was: People eagerly looking forward right now, as they live and breath here right now, to be looking forward to perfection in the afterlife are indicating being deaf isn't cool, no? I mean, I personally couldn't care less one way or the other but there are many who say they are proud of being deaf....yanno?

the blind will see, the deaf will hear! We will never hunger or thirst. There will be no pain.

How do you know? Have you been to the afterlife? How do you know that it's not going to be the same in this life?

I hear you and I agree but my point was: People eagerly looking forward right now, as they live and breath here right now, to be looking forward to perfection in the afterlife are indicating being deaf isn't cool, no?
I mean, I personally couldn't care less one way or the other but there are many who say they are proud of being deaf....yanno?

Yup, understand where you are coming from!

But I don't believe most of those who are deaf (or any other disability)- are looking at it that way.

Most, I believe - have accepted the notion that they will never - <insert disability/disabilities> here, here.

And if they are Christian - that adds a better outlook! Because as a Christian - they definitly know the Ultimate Promise of God, and look forward to it.
We know that; 1) Life is short - and we are only here for a little while, and rejoice in all things - yes, even our disabilities! Because we know that there is a much better place awaiting us! 2) God calls us to live in the Spirit, and live moment to moment, as if our next moment will be our last here on Earth! Which, like #1 above, we are to except the blessings of God, and our lot in life - and not get all wordly, ie; worry, strife, self-pity, denial, etc.

And even if they aren't Christian - there are those who could really give a rats patutie - whether its cool, or not. They go on and live their life to the fullest of their abilities - not disabilities, and don't get wrapped up into what someone does/doesn't think abou them. Or even - whether its cool or not. Because they are of the attitude, that it really doesn't matter. The only thing that really matters to them - is just getting along and doing the best that they can - with what they got!

And I really truly believe - that those who call themselves -"Christian", and yet go about thru life, believeing that their disabilities aren't cool - as you put it, are in for a rude awakening when they get to Christ's throne!
Which is rather sad, but true.

Are we (close to being) eye to eye now?

-charles

Yup, understand where you are coming from!

But I don't believe most of those who are deaf (or any other disability)- are looking at it that way.

Most, I believe - have accepted the notion that they will never - <insert disability/disabilities> here, here.

And if they are Christian - that adds a better outlook! Because as a Christian - they definitly know the Ultimate Promise of God, and look forward to it.
We know that; 1) Life is short - and we are only here for a little while, and rejoice in all things - yes, even our disabilities! Because we know that there is a much better place awaiting us! 2) God calls us to live in the Spirit, and live moment to moment, as if our next moment will be our last here on Earth! Which, like #1 above, we are to except the blessings of God, and our lot in life - and not get all wordly, ie; worry, strife, self-pity, denial, etc.

And even if they aren't Christian - there are those who could really give a rats patutie - whether its cool, or not. They go on and live their life to the fullest of their abilities - not disabilities, and don't get wrapped up into what someone does/doesn't think abou them. Or even - whether its cool or not. Because they are of the attitude, that it really doesn't matter. The only thing that really matters to them - is just getting along and doing the best that they can - with what they got!

And I really truly believe - that those who call themselves -"Christian", and yet go about thru life, believeing that their disabilities aren't cool - as you put it, are in for a rude awakening when they get to Christ's throne!
Which is rather sad, but true.

Are we (close to being) eye to eye now?

-charles

you = :locked:

I just wanted to know how many people here think they will continue to be deaf after they die.
Don't get into a religous debate, just tell what you think.

How do you know? Have you been to the afterlife? How do you know that it's not going to be the same in this life?

In the afterlife, they are made to be perfect. Soul and human body are 2 different things. Human body is easily gettin' sick or deformed or bein' deaf or what ever you name it. Imperfect human body. As for soul, it has everythin' perfect - there's no ill or deformed or bein' deaf or whatever. Soul will never lose its limb or another. :)

Because those of us who profess Jesus Christ as God/Savior - believe it when he said that our bodies won't be like they are here on Earth!

-charles

Because those of us who profess Jesus Christ as God/Savior - believe it when he said that our bodies won't be like they are here on Earth!

-charles

NO RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION. STOP GETTING THIS THREAD LOCKED. :mad2:

NO RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION. STOP GETTING THIS THREAD LOCKED. :mad2:

I am not, in no way intentionaly/unintentionally trying to get this thread locked!

I am also NOT trying to start a religious debate!

I am only expressing - "what I think", of what faire_jour stated in the OP!

I just wanted to know how many people here think they will continue to be deaf after they die.
Don't get into a religous debate, just tell what you think.

I apologise, if it sounds like I am starting a religious debate, please be rest asured that his is not the case!

-charles

In the afterlife, they are made to be perfect. Soul and human body are 2 different things. Human body is easily gettin' sick or deformed or bein' deaf or what ever you name it. Imperfect human body. As for soul, it has everythin' perfect - there's no ill or deformed or bein' deaf or whatever. Soul will never lose its limb or another. :)

So....how do you know that you are going to get a body if both are different?

Maybe the souls will just float around until it finds another body to occupy??

-charles

Again--how do you know if you never experienced it?

Secondly--when I see the name Chucky-- I think of this:

Well, if deaf folks are so proud of being deaf in this life, why wouldn't they continue to be proud of same in the afterlife?

Excellent point.

Besides, hearing is a biological function of the body, not the soul. The soul "hears" and understands without voice. So I'd say its much more likely that we'll all be deaf. (Thank God I know ASL!)

-charles

That doesn't necessarily mean that one won't be deaf. It just means that the physical form taken in the afterlife will not resemble the form perceived here on earth. If you believe that sort of thing, that is.

If they are proud then why not? Each person is different. For me, I never think about things like that..I just enjoy today. If I become hearing in the afterlife, then I will learn something new. If I stay deaf, then it is something I am fine with.

I did not vote because it does not make any sense unless you expiernce it yourself then we have no say so. I do experince God but nothing alike about me being deaf or hearing in afterlife. There is no such thing as deaf or hearing in afterlife. Another false hope for anyone to believe when they dies, they get to be hearing or deaf or whatever. It does not work this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back