Texas girl with a ton of questions! :)

Great :) I'll look into more classes then!

Yes they did, not anymore though sadly. I had a few friends that went there, and they all said that the school is going down-hill. :|

I heard this too. An option that most of the ASL instructors/etc I've talked to around here is going to TCC for two years and taking their ASL program for two years and getting basic requirements and then transferring over to TCU for Interpretting or Deaf Education.

Great :) I'll look into more classes then!

Yes, I even know that one of the colleges in the DCCCD (Dallas county community college district) has a collegiate high school program that kids can go there for their junior and senior years in high school and once they're done they finish with a HS diploma, AND an associates degree. Way cool, if you ask me.

hmmm...REALLY? That sounds interesting. :) *begins intense research via google*

I think you should go to TCC. I've met quite several interpreters and ASL students who went there have excellent signing skills. I can vouch for that.

As for Collin College, I think there is a Deaf instructor who still teaches ASL. I've not met any student who signed up for ASL program at Collin College yet.

I am told that Richland College is better than Collin College, and supposedly, there are more Deaf students there than Collin College.

CSUN is awesome, but I am biased and CA native. :)

I think you should go to TCC. I've met quite several interpreters and ASL students who went there have excellent signing skills. I can vouch for that.

As for Collin College, I think there is a Deaf instructor who still teaches ASL. I've not met any student who signed up for ASL program at Collin College yet.

I am told that Richland College is better than Collin College, and supposedly, there are more Deaf students there than Collin College.

CSUN is awesome, but I am biased and CA native. :)

Yes, I'm a student at Richland college and it is the best (in my opinion) in the DCCCD. I really love the diversity, and yes.. there is a great deal of Deaf students at Richland because it's the largest of the community colleges with over 25,000 enrolled students.

Is CSUN as big of a "commuter" school as everyone makes it out to be? I'd have to move out there and stay on campus so I'm looking to get that "college experience" of living in a dorm and newing a ton of new people, etc. They're program sounds AMAZING though and has so many options. Best I've seen, behind RIT and Gally. Those are just too unrealistic for me. :(

Well, Yeah. I think you should go to CSUN, and take a look around how you feel about that.

If you plan to stay in a dorm, you will definitely need a car. I know a guy who stayed in a dorm, and had to drive around to buy some food, places (hang out), odd jobs, and beaches. Los Angeles is a huge city.

Well, let's see. I see you like to speak Spanish. You will probably find many people who speak Spanish everywhere.

One of my hearing friends who doesn't know ASL graduated from CSUN told me that he had never seen so many Deaf students before. CA has a large Deaf population, so it is easy to check out places like Deaf West Theatre. Disneyland has a Deaf Awareness Day.

I heard that CA may plan to increase fees. If you want to become CA resident, it may be affordable. And If you made a decision to go to CSUN, be sure to register admission one year early. CSU schools are quite overcrowded.

Many CSU students use this website, csumentor. CSUMentor

How much is tuiton and room/board at CSUN?

Sorry, I was on a phone.

Here's the current fees on the link.

CSUN FinAid: 2011-2012 Cost of Attendance

I am not sure about room/board fees now. There should be student housing places. My niece is almost done with University of CA at Riverside, and is married. She and her husband were on wait for a year to live in a student house. I am not sure if it applies to CSU housing. Like I said you need to go to CSUN and take look around.

Would it be wise to get a Deaf Studies degree? Would getting a degree in American Sign Language or Deaf Education be better? Which would have the best job outlook?

Back