Tell Me About Oticon's Latest Product Line

Phi4Sius

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It has been awhile! :wave:

The time has come for me to purchase a new hearing aid. I have a Phonak NAIDA Q50 UP and I am thinking about upgrading to the NAIDA Q90 UP.

But, the thing is...I am hearing about how certain Oticon hearing aids blow away the NAIDA and how people love the Chili SP7 and SP9 after that.

Of course, it appears that Oticon's product line has been fully revamped and I am wondering which models are the successors to the Chili ones mentioned above?

And, for those who have switched from the NAIDAs to the Chilis, what has been your experience?

~ Phi

Don't know about the Oticon but after getting the Phonak Sky (Naida) Q70 UPs, I'm now trying the Phonak Sky Q90 UPs and I've fallen in love with them. The Q90s are amazing I feel. I think you'll notice a huge difference between the Q50s and the Q90s.

Don't know about the Oticon but after getting the Phonak Sky (Naida) Q70 UPs, I'm now trying the Phonak Sky Q90 UPs and I've fallen in love with them. The Q90s are amazing I feel. I think you'll notice a huge difference between the Q50s and the Q90s.

Hi NaidaUP!!!

Coincidentally, today I DID end up getting the Phonak NAIDA Q90s with a wireless CROS system for my dead left ear, based on a recommendation from my audiologist. :)

I was going to pay out of pocket to get them sooner but then I found out I have a $2,000 hearing aid benefit through my insurance, so I won't be picking up my new hearing aid(s) until next week.

I am pretty excited about both the Q90 and the CROS -- it will be the first time in my life that I am picking up sound from my left side (I have been wearing a single HA for most of my 36 year life), and I find that pretty wild!

Here's a snapshot of my audiogram:

Right: 250hz - 65 dB, 500hz - 65 dB, 1000hz - 75 dB, 2000hz - 80 dB, 3000hz - 90 dB, 4000hz 100 dB 5000hz 120 dB

Left: 250hz - 100 dB, 500hz - 110 db, 1000hz - 120 dB, 2000hz - below 120 dB, 3000hz - below 120 dB, 4000hz below 120 dB 5000hz below 120 dB likely only a tactile response

Update: I am awaiting insurance approval now for my new NAIDA Q90 UP + CROS hearing aid.

It shouldn't be long now until I can go pick them up.

Does anyone else here have a similar hearing loss who has used this combo?

Back